Vice President, Relationship Management-Premium Client ServicesApply Job ID: R-008630 Date posted: 01/27/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations MA-Boston , SC-Fort Mill , AK-Remote ,AL-Remote
We are currently looking to hire a VP, ‘Premium’ Business Consulting/Relationship Management within our Business Consulting Department. The Business Consulting team is responsible for satisfaction, growth and retention of LPL’s top advisors and offices.
The ‘Premium’ Relationship Manager (RM) will be responsible for proactively managing advisory firms that are part of LPL’s ‘Premium’ service model by developing and maintaining a complete, end-to-end understanding of the advisors’ business. Initially, this role will be national, with the territory narrowing as the offering scales. There will be an ongoing emphasis on managing, growing and retaining his/her advisor relationships by using proven sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on promoting the value, benefits and features of LPL’s ‘Premium’ platform. By developing a thorough understanding of the advisors’ businesses, the RM will be responsible for crafting effective solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives, often leveraging their Business Solutions partners. Additionally the RM will act as the primary point of contact between his/her advisors and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and satisfaction objectives.
The role’s initial focus will be on offer development and creating a unique relationship management model that involves high-level coordination of the dedicated Customer Care Team and Business Solutions partners, ensuring that all efforts are delivered in a way that meets the needs of the advisors without overwhelming the team with LPL support. Additionally, this person will be responsible for the leadership and execution of several strategic business initiatives within the Premium Business Development team.
Extensive phone work is instrumental for the success of the ‘Premium’ Relationship Manager, therefore the ability to effectively communicate and build quality relationships over the telephone, as well as face-to-face, is of critical importance. Travel will be required during several key points in the ‘Premium’ relationship, including: early sales meetings, onboarding sessions, regular in-office meetings with the advisors and attendance at national conferences. Anticipated travel should be at least 60% and will include overnight travel given the geography of your territory.
- Serve as a lead point of contact for assigned clients, developing strong, long-lasting trusted advisor relationships
- Ensure timely and coordinated delivery of services by orchestrating with Business Solutions and Customer Care partners
- Deliver regular reporting of client account status, including activities, open items, notable wins, and any concerns.
- Examine trends and develop insights at the firm level and across the ‘Premium’ firms in order to better support the advisor segment and identify opportunities to evolve and enhance programs to increase client satisfaction – continuous improvement is expected as the offering evolves
- Identify opportunities to increase client satisfaction by creating programs to increase sense of community across ‘Premium’ teams
- Manage attrition risk by proactively partnering with internal stakeholders to resolve high profile and complex situations
- Participate as a subject matter expert through the recruiting phase of prospective recruits for early introduction, adoption and continuity of relationships
- Engage in high level strategic discussions with both advisors and the executive team
- Develop and demonstrate an expertise in LPL platform, products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services preferable in sales, consulting and/or client service/relationship management
- Series 7 and 63 preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
- Thrives in a results-oriented environment with a do what it takes approach and a demonstrated history of managing client relationships to achieve stated goals
- Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within area of accountability.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence key senior executive stakeholders
- Externally, this position interacts with advisors who own their businesses (consider them CEO's)
- Internally, this position interacts with middle and senior management at LPL
- Demonstrated sales success is highly desired
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive is necessary
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.