Vice President, SupervisionApply Job ID: R-022959 Date posted: 05/16/2022 Primary Location MA-Boston Other Locations CA-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Vice President of Supervision is responsible for providing operational and day-to-day support to the firm’s employee advisor teams.
Additionally, the Vice President is responsible for leading strategic projects as defined by the senior management team and collaborating with management at all levels throughout the firm. This individual will work closely with leadership from our Field Management team, which serves as the business owner of the employee model and practice acquisitions.
• Service Management – Will be responsible for supporting the Regional Vice President and the employee model supervisory team with escalations while maintaining positive relationships with Advisors and stakeholders throughout the firm. The Vice President will engage and coordinate with the Field Management team and other internal departments to socialize concerns and escalated matters with senior leaders as needed.
• Strategic Projects and Initiatives – The Vice President will focus on leading departmental initiatives that create efficiencies, streamline processes, and improve risk mitigation capabilities that align with corporate goals.
• Production Management – Through metrics and reporting, will monitor workload and staffing for the employee advisors to ensure staff adheres to service level agreements. Strategize with management on approach to build or change current processes / procedures, including resource needs, requirements with which to comply, timeline for implementation, and ways with which to actively supervise these processes.
• Must possess the ability to interpret FINRA, SEC, and state regulations and develop and apply certain policies and procedures within the scope of the current regulatory environment in an attempt to mitigate risk and protect the firm. Must be able to communicate status and project outline to management and set the specific direction of a project, lead, and maintain an overall vision of the initiative/project
• Interact appropriately and confidently with Senior Management.
• Prioritize tasks and project management
• Serve as a key contact for internal departments, such as Field Management, Operations, Service Center, and various departments across Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR).
• Anticipate the needs of LPL Financial and the CLR organization in order to be able to define next steps with projects and other functions and be able to independently drive/execute projects.
• Identify specific regulatory issues, the application of regulatory requirements, and provision of advice on these rules and create and maintain internal policies, controls, etc.
• Identify and report significant gaps in policy, procedure and controls to management, while offering corrective actions for consideration and implementation.
• Review and refine the end-to-end branch audit process.
• Create an acclimation compliance strategy, including education and training, for new recruits.
• Operationalize key items, such as licensing renewals, compliance education reminders, and drive change and execution on policy and procedural friction points.
• Partner in the development of a monthly risk meeting aimed at informing the Branch Office Manager on watch outs and trends
• Strong industry acumen, self-starter and the ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, problem solve, trouble shoot and follow-up are essential in this role
• Ability to identify problem areas, analyze risk for LPL Financial and develop policy, procedure and controls to effectively supervise and mitigate said risk
• Must work well under competing deadlines and possess strong organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge in all Microsoft applications; particularly, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline preferred
• A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in supervision, compliance and/or regulatory matters.
• Prior leadership/team management experience preferred
• Experience leading employee advisors and/or branch management experience preferred
• Series 7, 9 and 10 (or Series 24); Series 4 & 53 required or must pass within 120 days of employment (for candidates with S24); Series 66 (or S63 and S65)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.