VP, ReportingApply Job ID: R-005185 Date posted: 11/27/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations MA-Boston
The Vice President of Reporting in the firm’s Early Dispute Resolution (EDR) group is responsible for a broad range of duties related to regulatory reporting related to investor complaints received by the Firm. This role will report to a Senior Vice President, Early Dispute Resolution. The primary focus of this role will be to meet regulatory reporting requirements Under FINRA Rule 4530 as it relates to investor complaints as well as ensure timely and accurate complaint reporting on Forms U4 and U5 for individuals associated with LPL Financial. The role will require the ability to evaluate customer complaints to determine if a required filing is necessary and then timely ensure that the deadline for the filing requirements are met. The role will require interaction with a range of stakeholders. The successful candidate will have the aptitude for evaluating a variety of customer complaints to determine if regulatory filings are required. Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are also required in order to establish rapport with internal and external parties as needed.
- Responsibilities will include obtaining and monitoring complaint information to ensure compliance with required regulatory reporting.
- Review all written complaints, including arbitration, to determine if any required regulatory filings are necessary (including U4/U5 disclosures and 4530 event filings) and facilitating those filings.
- Complete customer complaint checklists and ensure that the document is included in the worksite file.
- Escalate “close calls” with the handling attorney and/or outside counsel as appropriate.
- Communicate initial U4 disclosures to advisors and/or other relevant stakeholders in coordination with the assigned attorney. Ensure required reporting (amendments) when matters are closed out.
- Coordinate with regulatory group regarding FINRA inquiries and related regulatory disclosures.
- Review 4530 statistical filing information to confirm accuracy, including problem and product codes, prior to submission of quarterly filings. Identify and ensure manual filings as needed.
- Analysis, review and quality control of complaint analysis process.
- Proactively manage requests from regulators related to reporting.
- Participate in one-off project work which may or may not be related to the core responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of brokerage account regulations and compliance.
- College degree, Juris Doctor degree a plus.
- Possess excellent judgment and aptitude for evaluating investor complaints in a timely and substantive manner.
- Attention to detail, collaborative and solution oriented
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations with ability to analyze fact scenarios and provide sound judgement in decision making.
- Experience with multiple investment products and asset types strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in-house at a broker/dealer, securities related regulatory entity, or a law firm, and preferably with exposure to reporting requirements and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in order to meet deadlines, (i.e. being time conscious when it comes to deliverables).
- Ability to work independently and as a team particularly with team members in other geographical locations
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with members of senior team
- The position will preferably be located in either Fort Mill, SC or Boston, MA, San Diego may also be considered.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.