VP, RIA Channel DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-003641 Date posted: 07/03/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations MA-Boston
VP, RIA Channel Development
Reporting to the SVP of Large Enterprise (LE) Business Consulting, the VP will play a critical role leading LPL’s RIA Solutions team within our Business Consulting department, which is a department responsible for client efficiency, growth, retention and profitability and RIA channel development for the firm. The VP will collaborate with the SVP and other leaders across the firm to help plan, execute and measure the success of our key RIA channel development programs. This highly visible role will provide the candidate with an exceptionally broad view of LPL’s business and serve as critical support for senior management and our RIA clients.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating RIA strategy across the firm, with regular CEO-ready reporting and status updates
- Matrix management of resources throughout the firm that are dedicated to elements of supporting the RIA channel at LPL – including coordination across product management, distribution, ease of doing business, compliance, corporate communications and strategy.
- Creating a sense of community within LPL’s 400 RIA partners, capturing their feedback and using learnings to create and manage LPL’s RIA channel development portfolio
- Lead a team of RIA Solutions Specialists who will assist in coordination of efforts, including serving in a client facing subject matter expert role related to general RIA support, services and structure
- As the RIA subject matter expert, speak at regional or subject matter specific conferences, client events and RIA study groups regarding the industry landscape related to RIA and the LPL RIA channel roadmap
- Lead special RIA related projects or initiatives on behalf of LE Business Consulting related to areas that impact our RIA relationships
- Improving client experience related to our RIA Relationships by capturing opportunities and working with key departments within LPL who participate in the execution/implementation of deliverables and outcomes
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding “CEO ready” results
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience, while balancing LPL resource requirements and profitability
- An in-depth understanding of the RIA channel, including key competitors
- An in-depth understanding of the Custodian space, including key competitors, and ability to apply that knowledge to coordinate the RIA strategy and RIA portfolio execution across the firm
- Leadership experience, strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Grace under pressure and a positive attitude
- Sharp strategic and analytical thinking skills along with intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to find creative solutions for project and data challenges
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel - expert, PowerPoint - expert, Word - intermediate
- High general business acumen
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.