Associate Onboarding Consultant (US Region: Midwest)Apply Job ID: R-020242 Date posted: 01/21/2022 Primary Location CA-Remote
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the financial services industry, brokerage operations, along with proven success with operating in a dynamic fast-paced environment. Outstanding customer service and effective communication skills are essential. The Onboarding Consultant (OC) will develop and maintain essential relationships by acting as the primary point of contact and key business partner for prospects joining LPL’s Independent Advisor Services, Institution Services, and Hybrid RIA channels. The OC will be responsible for Managing and consulting on all onboarding and integration aspects with individual prospects and large groups including individuals converting between LPL platforms. Onboarding Consultant will conduct compliance reviews for prospects who qualify under low-risk profile criteria.
- Strategic Planning and Execution - Create a customized onboarding plan outlining the applicable tasks, ownership, and expected dates of completion. Manage accountability of task assignments and targeted completion dates. Utilize internal resources to ensure onboarding milestones are completed and discussed to meet advisor’s expectations. Create conversion and repapering plans to migrate accounts and assets for advisors.
- Business Analysis - Conduct an in-depth advisor profile and analysis of the current and projected business model. Identify action items and LPL resources and make recommendations to the advisor. Use discretion in coordinating communication with other business units to identify investment opportunities for the advisor.
- Regulatory Compliance - Review advisor office setup and structure and review best practices. Coordinate time with outside counsel to ensure the advisor understands any contractual requirements and potential regulation S-P issues. Provide clear direction on complying with legal recommendations. For converting advisors, provide education on the key factors involved with converting to the Hybrid RIA platform including but not limited to repapering requirements, business structure, best practice advice for state specific guideline, LPL specific RIA standards and current RIA industry changes.
- Marketing Analysis and Planning - Partner with Marketing Regulatory Review to evaluate client-facing correspondence, make recommendations for a marketing plan and ensure all marketing materials have been submitted for review and approval.
- Business Partnership - Facilitate communication and coordination between departments to ensure smooth advisor integration. Proactively engage in the recruiting process by working closely with Business Development to ensure clear communication of commitments and set expectations. Represent the department in Home Office Visits in an effort to win new business.
- Conduct Low Risk Compliance Reviews and facilitate discussions with prospects in the event additional items are required to complete Approval for affiliation.
- Facilitate the OBA Review Process by reaching out to the advisor to gather all required information to prepare & send over to our Advisor & OBA Review business partners.
Other Job Duties and Requirements:
- If applicable, manage onboarding team members (consultants) and effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
- Work closely with internal departments involved in the onboarding process to ensure seamless handoffs are made for advisors and to ensure proper resource allocation to support customer onboarding.
- Support department projects and initiatives as necessary.
- Support other functions of the team as necessary such as reporting, data migration, service, etc.
- Ability to adapt to a fluid environment with frequently changing priorities, processes, requirements, etc.
- Ability to partner closely and establish productive working relationships with other business units.
- Flexibility to travel for required onsite support.
- Ability to work evening hours and weekends as client situations dictate.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Ability to confidently present in front of small groups.
- Internal Home Office Visit accreditation required (within 120 days of joining).
Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 5 Years Business Equivalent
- Series 7, 63 or 66, preferred
Software/System Skills Preferred:
- Microsoft Office Product Suite
- BranchNet-Internal posting ONLY
- Oracle-Internal posting ONLY
- ASAT -Internal posting ONLY
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior phone skills
- Must be able to organize activities and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Effective and timely follow-up required
- Ability to identify efficiencies in existing processes and procedures in order to foster continuous improvement both individually and at the team level
- Critical & Strategic Thinking Skills
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.