AVP, LPL Business Solutions Community Client ExperienceApply Job ID: R-015638 Date posted: 07/08/2021 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
Do you enjoy collaborating cross-functionally and developing long-term strategy to deliver a client experience?
Can you facilitate systematic client feedback processes that inform the product management team’s priorities?
Enjoy helping people and driving value for clients?
LPL Business Solutions (LBS) (https://www.lplbusinesssolutions.comm) is seeking an AVP of Client Success/Experience. This person will be responsible for helping design, execute, and optimize a “club” type experience for clients across our menu of programs. Our clients are financial advisors and their teams.
LBS is a suite of professional services (Admin, Marketing, and CFO Solutions) and business planning and protection subscription solutions (M&A Solutions, Assurance Plan, and Digital Office) that are leveraged by LPL’s 18,000 financial advisors to help them run exceptional businesses. We’ll be expanding over time to also serve other small businesses outside of financial advice.
The AVP of Client Success/Experience will build programs and processes through a digital lens. The goal is to facilitate scalable engagements with LBS clients to ensure they maximize their realized value from LBS. LBS seeks to be strategic partners, sitting shoulder to shoulder with advisors and their teams, bringing ideas to life. We can significantly increase efficiency, help provide better service, and create savings for advisor practices, all while empowering them to focus on what is truly important – taking care of their clients.
Candidates from all US locations will be considered for in-office or remote status.
The LBS Client Success team specifically aims to drive long-term and sustainable growth, satisfaction, retention, and profitability from our clients. You will report to the head of LBS Client Success and oversee client success/client experience projects and programs that build a sense of community across the programs among clients, employees, and other stakeholders and guests. The team has divided the client experience into four core areas that need to be optimized: 1) onboarding experience, 2) business-as-usual experience, 3) moments that matter, and 4) overall LBS community experience. As one of the first team members, you will be able to both lead the LBS community components of these efforts (primarily #4) as well as help build out the longer-term vision for the Client Success team as we expand our impact to the other LBS programs.
What You’ll Do:
- You will develop a long-term strategy that delivers a client experience found nowhere else in the wealth management industry.
- Maintain a keen understanding and awareness of our product offerings and the outside factors that might influence them.
- Collaborate with client-facing teams to understand the needs and wants of our clients and their end clients.
- Facilitate systematic client feedback processes that inform the product management team’s priorities.
- Figure out how to convert insights into strategies and tactics that lead to cross-sales.
- Develop Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) that drive improved client satisfaction and retention.
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Data Analytics, Field Integration, Compliance, and Delivery.
- Execute on the client success/client experience strategy while constantly evolving the strategy as we learn.
- Organize and participate in town halls, webinars, and client events to influence our LBS client experience.
- Build and maintain a Client Success/Experience performance dashboard, including cross-sales, Net Promoter Score, Retention, and other key metrics. Regularly update stakeholders from the front-line practitioners all the way to the CEO on both results and what we are doing to improve them.
- Work with the Product Management team on the development of a digital platform to facilitate LBS community experiences.
Who You Are:
- Above all, you are curious. Curious about your customers and peers. Curious about the latest trends and technologies. And curious about how to expand things that work well through scale.
- An entrepreneurial leader that believes in the importance and value of diversity, equity, and inclusion and actively working to dismantle inequitable systems.
- You love brainstorming and “white boarding” with people at all levels in an organization, and you aren’t afraid of sharing opinions and thought processes regardless of the rank of your audience.
- Empathetic; enjoy analyzing experiences through others’ eyes.
- Motivated by helping people and driving value for clients.
- Analytical and self-aware.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and figuring out how to remove it.
- A great communicator that loves to influence.
- Decisive at determining priorities and always organized.
- A hungry learner always looking for the next way to improve yourself and those around you. You are up-to-date on the latest trends and technologies so that you can build creative, digitally-enabled solutions that will live beyond any single employee.
Your Skills & Experiences:
- You have 7-10 years at analyzing, organizing, and integrating large amounts of complex information into clear, concise presentations and plans.
- You’ve worked at a client-centric company known for client service excellence and high Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- You have worked with Sales and Marketing functions to jointly drive significant measurable results.
- You are a connector of internal and external stakeholders, with successful examples of project management from concept to development to launch.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with business and technology or product teams and probably worked in client-facing roles at some point in your career.
- You know how to productively lead multiple cross-functional projects at any given time.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.