AVP, Security ArchitectApply Job ID: R-022482 Date posted: 04/28/2022 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL's Information Security team is seeking an exceptional AVP, Information Security Architect to engage on project efforts in security architecture. As the AVP, Information Security Architect at LPL, you will work side by side with our Development, Operations, Business units, and Enterprise Architecture teams to ensure our environments are secured and monitored. The right person for this role will have a broad technical information security background with a focus on security design, detection, prevention and response to security threats.
The LPL Information Security team is a highly effective and collaborative team that supports each other to deliver strategic initiatives while leveraging diverse technical backgrounds and skill sets. If you are someone who has experience designing, building and securing high performance environments, then we would like to meet you.
- Collaborate with team of Security Engineers in solution architecture reviews and guidance for Technology projects through being tightly integrated with LPL’s SDLC process
- Provide subject matter expertise on various technologies from network security design, configuration, authentication
- Document, socialize, maintain and train key stakeholders on security requirements that enables secure design and build of solutions.
- Collaborate across teams to enhance the security posture of internal infrastructure and client-facing systems
- Perform security reviews of server / network / web application design within a virtualized environment and ensure compliance with LPL security policies and security best practices.
- Analyze potential impact of new threats and exploits, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those threats, and communicate risks to relevant business units
- Identify, design and build secure solutions that can be adopted and deployed into a highly available production environment.
- Evaluate new security technologies and evangelize security within LPL
- Attend and provide feedback in meetings to capture key action items, discussion points, and deliver executive level status updates to all stakeholders as required
- Develop, track and report relevant metrics (KPIs, KRIs, OKRs), scheduled activities, and milestones to executives monthly that reflect execution statuses, risks and opportunities.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 5+ years of experience in information security or related technology experience
- CCSP/Other Cloud Specific Certification, CISSP and/or GIAC
- Experience securing and architecting cloud based infrastructures (e.g. Azure, AWS and GCP)
- Knowledge of NIST, SOX and related financial controls
- Must be self-driven, yet flexible and adaptable with outstanding communications skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure managing multiple tasks
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, an advanced degree preferred
- Significant experience in software-based networking technologies and SDN management interaction between applications and orchestration systems (API)
- Significant experience in security automation and orchestration in both premise and cloud implementations
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with expert level knowledge of Linux, Windows, and OS X and the application of OS security concepts
- Solid experience securing scalable web architectures and distributed systems
- Expert experience in evaluating and assessing security threats across a variety of environments
- Solid understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
- Technical knowledge/coding skills in any of the following: Java, C# .Net, Ruby and/or Python
- Solid experience in developing architecture standards and the necessary architectural patterns that flow out of those standards using TOGAF, SABSA or similar EA standards
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.