Do you like developing new skills in an exciting and rapidly growing company? Do you enjoy showcasing your amazing Excel skills and love for accuracy? Are you motivated by projects that will impact the success of LPL sales programs? Would you like to pursue a career in human resources, compensation, or sales compensation administration? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you.
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Sales incentive plans are a critical process which drives the engagement, motivation, and strategy of LPL’s rapidly growing sales teams. As an Incentive Compensation Analyst, you will own the execution, reporting, and continuous improvement of our sales plans. Through your acquired expertise, you will become a resident expert on our sales incentive plan administration. We approach our work by considering the big picture, utilizing our expertise and savvy data management to optimize our workflows to increase efficiencies. Lastly, you'll partner with the Sales Compensation Manager to assist with critical projects like automating our merit process and refreshing our job structure.
- Process owner for the development of our internal documents, communications, education and training
- Audit the Company's compensation framework (base pay, incentives, sales compensation) in alignment with global job design and compensation structure
- Assist in the annual sales documentation process (delivery of PAFs, Plan Design Summaries, etc.)
- Participate in sales surveys, maintain Marketpay, as well as assist in annual compensation planning
- Partner cross functionally with Finance and Systems to ensure incentives and associated data elements are accurately represented
- Support HR Consultants on requests from business leaders in collaboration on project participation and problem solving
- May work on special projects such as data analysis/compilation, generating incentive models/ presentations and report building
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources)
- 1+ years of relevant experience in sales compensation, sales operations, finance, analytics etc. (preferably in a fast-paced environment)
- Strong MS Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, complex formulas)
- Excellent organizational, detail orientation, and time management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively document processes
- Ability to question discrepancies and make recommendations.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, in teams and as part of a collective group
- Strong willingness to learn
- Experience with Access or SQL
- Exposure to Marketpay and Workday is a plus
- World at Work CCP courses
- Knowledge of compliance with internal policies and controls as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance including SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
The salary range is dependent on a number of factors, including the applicant’s skill, experience, and work location.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.