Marketing Strategist, Financial InstitutionsApply Job ID: R-022489 Date posted: 04/21/2022 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations NC-Remote
Do you have a successful track-record of marketing to large enterprise financial advisors and institutions?
Does the sales team count on you as their trusted partner to build awareness in the space, build demand and accelerate their sales pipeline with strategic marketing programs?
Are you innovative, creative, and can think outside of the box to define and implement differentiated marketing campaigns raise awareness, encourage engagement, and drive results?
If so, LPL may have a Marketing role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
As the Marketing Strategist for our large enterprise and institutional lines of business, you possess a unique blend of creativity and analytical acumen with expertise in marketing communications and B2B demand generation. You’ll be part of a larger team with responsibility for planning, building, executing, reporting on, and optimizing Marketing programs in support of our business development sales teams. We are looking for someone who can think at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative marketing strategies to drive growth) and execute at the tactical level (ensure awareness and lead generation campaigns are executed on-brief, on-time, and on-budget). Also, it is critical that you have the ability to perform pre and post campaign analysis (targeting, segmentation, campaign results, attribution, MROI) and have proven experience deploying a full suite of integrated marketing solutions (traditional channels, digital channels, and experiential event marketing) and sales support initiatives.
We are looking for someone who can be presented with a marketing challenge, think differently, test big ideas, measure results, and apply learnings to future campaigns. You are an exceptional multitasker who drives flawless, rapid execution, and you work well across multiple projects to get things done. You’re flexible, able to adapt to a changing business environment, and driven to achieve measurable results.
- Lead the development and optimization of our Enterprise/Institutional marketing strategy, lending expertise based on your business familiarity with large enterprise advisors and financial institutions -credit unions, banks and broker dealers (who they are, how they function, day-to-day advisor needs)
- Define an always-on portfolio of awareness marketing campaigns and events that elevate the LPL Brand as a leader in the large enterprise and institutional space
- Deliver a sharply honed series of direct response marketing campaigns that generate prospect interest with a strong call to action that supports sales pipeline goals
- Partner directly with Creative, Digital, & PR Marketing teams to deliver fully-integrated cross-channel marketing campaigns (i.e., paid search, SEO, social, direct mail, email, webinars, content syndication, display ads, video, 3rd party partnerships, events, conferences, etc.)
- Integrate seamlessly with the Brand Marketing team to help shape Brand marketing messaging and campaigns that highlights LPL’s unique Enterprise offering
- Develop action plans to shorten the sales cycle and improve profitability
- Identify specific category trends and drivers behind trends and help optimize spend and performance and develop recommendations to help drive positive growth
- Help deliver insightful reporting and analytics that show how marketing programs impact revenue; define and track key metrics to optimize marketing campaigns, maintain dashboards, and deliver ad-hoc analyses as needed
- Conduct A/B tests across channels to continuously optimize campaign and channel performance
- Identify new campaigns and advertising tactics to encourage business growth
- Work across the Marketing team and collaborate with other departments, including sales and product development, to develop and enhance strategies
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 7+ years of proven experience in managing B2B marketing demand generation, demonstrating significant and measurable results preferably in financial services
- Experience within brokerage organizations and/or enterprise advisors, financial institutions highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing
- Ability to think strategically and to translate conceptual initiatives into campaigns
- Prior success in developing and executing demand generation and pipeline building marketing programs and campaigns (including digital and direct marketing, events, etc.)
- Prefer experience working with sales organizations; demonstrated ability to align sales and marketing on common goals, objectives, and actions
- Knowledge of remarketing and advanced targeting tactics, including dynamic creative, search retargeting, keywords, etc.
- Understands the demand waterfall, and how to measure progress against goal attainment at each stage of the waterfall
- Strong analytical skills and experience gathering and leveraging business and customer insights, analytics, and prior campaign performance data to guide marketing plans and to properly target prospects
- Ability to report on the most relevant insights that accurately describe the campaign performance, the impact metrics (revenue, pipeline)
- Understanding of campaign messaging, value propositions, assets, and content marketing
- Ability to write effective copy, communicate well, and present to senior executives
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.