Senior Supervisory PrincipalApply Job ID: R-017382 Date posted: 09/10/2021 Primary Location CA-Remote
The Senior Supervisory Principal is a key leader within BRM responsible for completing front-line supervisory tasks on a daily basis,reporting potential sales practice concerns to the Regional Supervisory Principal, while also serving as a mentor and key resource to their team members and internal and externam partners. Great emphasis is placed upon completing tasks according to the established Service Level Agreements and at a high level of quality. The Senior Supervisory Principal may also serve as the Subject Matter Expert for certain complex products, centralized review processes, and/or business models where the SP will act as the primary supervisor for all HOS, Branch OSJ, and advisor's under field OSJs.
• Review of securities transactions on the electronic trade blotter for suitability and compliance with regulations and firm policy.
• Review of account-level suitability alerts for brokerage and advisory accounts using LPL’s electronic supervisory tool suite.
• Review and approval of account documentation and correspondence.
• Analysis of transaction activity and identification of potential sales practice concerns.
• Collaboration with Regional Supervisory Principals and other business partners to escalate and resolve sales practice concerns.
o Ensures advisor and OSJ understanding and compliance with all firm and industry requirements by proactively communicating the firm’s policies and procedures
o Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with other internal investigations and reviews relative to supervised advisors and OSJs
Subject Matter Expertise:
•Serve as the key contact and resource regarding complex products, advisory supervision, and other centralized functions.
•Contribute to key initiatives and projects with the focus of strengthening the firms supervisory controls and identifying efficiencies.
•Ability to lead teams and projects to successful completion and under tight deadlines.
• Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio and familiarity with BETA a plus
• Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
• Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions
• Strong mentoring skills
• Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
• Excellent management, and human relations skills
• Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
• Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
• Knowledge of FINRA SEC, and State rules and regulations required
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.