Sr. Analyst, RIAApply Job ID: R-022418 Date posted: 04/08/2022 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Do you pride yourself on being a critical thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset?
Are you someone who has a knack for thinking outside the box?
Are you excited about the opportunity to build strong relationships and collaborate with internal business partners to strategize and develop innovative solutions?
If so, the Senior Analyst, RIA role could be for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Senior Analyst, Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) will be part of an innovative, entrepreneurial, high-performing team that is leading the evolution of LPL’s go-to-market strategy with new business lines and advisor affiliation models. The Senior Analyst will support the team’s decision making and overall efficacy through utilizing requisite data and reporting. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for management reporting, executive presentations, market-sizing, targeted competitive intelligence, and economic modeling in partnership with other key internal partners.
- Develop and maintain an expert awareness of the firm’s business lines and affiliation models to serve as a subject matter expert for internal and external partners.
- Ensure an exemplary advisor experience with new affiliation models by coordinating with internal partners through discussion, demonstration, and leading by example to meet and exceed advisor expectations; acute focus on RIA Custody and Corporate RIA experiential and capabilities design.
- Support strategic initiatives and execution of LPL’s RIA model expansion and program management deliverables.
- Serve as the go-to for project management status, deliverables, and management reporting.
- Actively monitor and analyze emerging trends, developments and players across the industry landscape, including wirehouses, recognized semi-captive destinations for elite advisors and supported independence platform providers to inform the company’s view of opportunities and approach to innovation.
- Leverage market data to identify opportunities, influence capabilities development, and guide marketing campaigns.
- Engage with leading industry service providers to identify and cultivate potential partnership recommendations.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with internal business partners to strategize and develop innovative solutions for an industry-leading adviser experience.
- Provide research, analysis, and project management on a variety of strategic initiatives, including providing professional presentation collateral for senior members of the organization.
- Facilitate feedback collection through direct engagement with advisors within the LPL RIA Community, as well as internal SMEs that have direct client contact.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Experience working within the independent wealth management industry. Familiarity with existing RIA players and solutions (including custodians, technology vendors, platform service providers, etc.) preferred. Minimum 2-4 years experience.
- An entrepreneurial drive and a do-what-it-takes attitude, grounded in tangible results.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data and ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization.
- Strong communications skills, with the confidence to effectively present complex topics to senior internal leadership in a clear and actionable manner.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience working on a project team and meeting project timelines while managing competing priorities.
- Experience with Salesforce and MS Office suite, with a particular proficiency with PowerPoint required. Advanced Excel skills highly preferred.
- Interest and demonstrated ability to build financial models, including ability to partner with finance on business line specific P&Ls and annual capital planning.
The preferred candidate will be local to an LPL corporate office.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.