Vice President, Business SolutionsApply Job ID: R-007327 Date posted: 08/05/2019 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations AZ-Remote
VP, Business Solutions (Biz Sol), is responsible for the sales, adoption, and growth of the LPL Business Solutions suite of services (Marketing Solutions, Administrative Solutions, CFO Solutions, and Technology Solutions) by LPL Financial affiliated financial advisors, institutions, and prospects across a specific geographic territory. The VP of Biz Sol is responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders to execute and drive results.
Responsibilities: VP, Business Solutions is responsible for executing the consulting framework and sales strategy set by their respective manager across their territory. 70 – 80% of the VP, Business Solutions time is expected to be spent in the field traveling throughout the Western US with clients. The VP, Business Solutions will represent LPL Financial and the National Sales & Consulting team’s perspectives on various steering committees, project initiatives, marketing strategy/execution, sales campaigns, sponsor partner support, business intelligence implementation, leadership committees and conference planning execution as needed. They will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives within their respective territories and broader National Sales & Consulting organization to help evolve the overall sales framework and maximize LPL’s broad consulting capabilities and services to advisors/clients.
- Creating and maintaining a positive culture that values high performance, collaboration, transparency and talent development
- Provide sales support, strategy, and tactics to increase adoption and growth of business solutions to internal stakeholders including but not limited to:
- Business Consulting
- Business Development
- National Sales and Consulting
- Corporate Strategy and Finance
- Compliance, Risk, and Legal
- Sponsor Relations
- Marketing and Product/Platform Management
- Provide field facing engagement through territory in field engagements and LPL Conferences. Partner with internal/external stakeholders for high profile and executive level engagements.
- Examine trends, develop insights, and create solutions in order to better support advisors and stakeholders.
- Achieve budget goals to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence LPL Advisors
- Achieving sales goals to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase adoption of Business Solutions Suite, advisor satisfaction, and adoption/satisfaction of LPL enterprise services, including: LPL Research, Business Intelligence, Sponsor Relations, Marketing, Compliance, STO, and Product/Platform
- Manage attrition risk of Advisors by proactively partnering with internal stakeholders to resolve high profile and complex situations
- Cross functional interaction, partnership, and referrals are expected across the Unified Sales Organization, including but not limited to:
- Advisory Consulting
- Financial Planning
- Private Client Services
- Private Trust Company
- Life Insurance and Annuity
- Retirement Partners
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 - 10 years’ experience in the financial services industry and external field sales experience with proven experience in execution of proactive sales strategy.
- Strong presentation skills, experience and comfort working with financial advisors and escalated issues.
- Strong relationship and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, time and priority management.
- Experience consulting and understanding challenges/opportunities of small business owners, Institutions, RIAs, and Large Enterprises Groups.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.