Vice President, Relationship ManagementApply Job ID: R-022292 Date posted: 03/28/2022 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
Do you want to play an integral part in developing advisors’ businesses?
Do you like crafting solutions to assist in achieving goals?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are currently looking to hire a VP, Strategic Wealth Services/Business Strategist (BS) within our Relationship Management Care Organization. The Relationship Management team is responsible for satisfaction, growth and retention of LPL’s top advisors and offices. The Business Strategist will be responsible for proactively managing a small number of very successful advisory firms that are part of LPL’s Strategic Wealth Services service model by developing and maintaining a complete, end-to-end understanding of the advisors’ business. There will be an ongoing emphasis on managing, growing and retaining his/her advisor relationships by using proven sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on promoting the value, benefits and features of LPL’s Strategic Wealth Services platform. By developing a thorough understanding of the advisors’ businesses, the BS will be responsible for crafting effective solutions to assist them in developing their business goals and objectives, often leveraging the LPL Elite Strategy Teams. Additionally, the BS will act as the primary point of contact between his/her advisors and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and satisfaction objectives.
The role will work within a unique relationship management model that involves high-level coordination of the dedicated Elite Service Team and Business Solutions partners, ensuring that all efforts are delivered in a way that meets the needs of the advisors without overwhelming the team with LPL support.
- Serve as a lead point of contact for a small group of Advisory Firms, developing strong, long-lasting trusted advisor relationships
- Develop and execute on a long term business plan strategy with your assigned advisory firms. Engage in regularly scheduled strategic discussions on the execution of the business goals and initiatives outlined in that plan.
- Ensure timely and coordinated delivery of services by orchestrating with Business Solutions and Customer Care partners
- Deliver regular reporting of client account status, including activities, open items, notable wins, and any concerns.
- Examine trends and develop insights at the firm level and across the Strategic Wealth Services firms in order to better support the advisor segment and identify opportunities to evolve and enhance programs to increase client satisfaction – continuous improvement is expected as the offering evolves
- Identify opportunities to increase client satisfaction by creating programs to increase sense of community across Strategic Wealth Services teams
- Manage attrition risk by proactively partnering with internal stakeholders to resolve high profile and complex situations
- Participate as a subject matter expert through the recruiting phase of prospective recruits for early introduction, adoption and continuity of relationships
- Develop and demonstrate an expertise in LPL platform, products and services
- Externally, this position interacts with advisors who own their businesses (consider them CEO's)
- Internally, this position interacts with middle and senior management at LPL
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services preferable in sales, consulting and/or client service/relationship management
- Series 7 and 63 preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
- Thrives in a results-oriented environment with a do what it takes to approach and a demonstrated history of managing client relationships to achieve stated goals
- A strong oral and written communicator who can convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within areas of accountability.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence key senior executive stakeholders
- Extensive virtual work is instrumental for the success of the Strategic Wealth Services Business Strategist, therefore the ability to effectively communicate and build quality relationships over the teleconferences, as well as face-to-face, is critically important. Travel will be required during several key points in the Strategic Wealth Services relationship, including early sales meetings, onboarding sessions, regular in-office meetings with the advisors and attendance at national conferences. Anticipated travel should be at least 50% and will include overnight travel, given the geography of your territory.
- Demonstrated sales success is highly desired
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive is necessary
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.