VP, Divisional Manager, Regional ConsultingApply Job ID: R-006979 Date posted: 08/08/2019 Primary Location CA-Remote Other Locations CO-Remote , WA-Remote
National Sales & Consulting: West Divisional Manager – Regional Wealth Consulting
Role Description & Responsibilities
Description: The Divisional Manager (DMRwC) is responsible for the management and leadership of the external Regional Wealth Consultants (RWC) in the western third of the U.S. The RWC team is a proactive sales group that is responsible for same store sales growth and retention across the LPL investment advisory and custodial platform, as well as promoting the Wealth Planning capabilities of LPL. The DMRWC will provide guidance to assist the respective RWCs in meeting their specific territory sales goals and is responsible for achieving the stated sales goals for the overall team.
Responsibilities: The DMRWC will collaborate with their DMRWC counterparts in creating and executing strategy across the RWC team, driving same store sales growth and retention on the LPL investment/custody platform, and creating an environment of employee engagement and satisfaction. The DMRWC will be responsible for the day-to-day management, administration, and support of their direct RWC remote sales employees. The DMRAC will represent the Advisor and RWC perspectives on various steering committees, project initiatives, marketing strategy/execution, sales campaigns, sponsor partner support, business intelligence implementation, leadership committees and conference planning execution.
The DMRWC will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives within the Wealth Consulting team and broader National Sales & Consulting organization to help evolve the overall sales framework and maximize LPL’s broad consulting capabilities and services to advisors/clients.
- Creating and maintaining a positive culture that values high performance, collaboration, transparency and talent development.
- Ensure teams practice financial stewardship and adhere to territory T&E budgets.
- Examine trends, develop insights, and create solutions in order to better support Advisors and the Regional Wealth Consultants
- Creating department goals, evaluating team’s results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Collaborative engagement with critical internal/external stakeholders to ensure alignment of goals and priorities
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase same store sales growth and retention on LPL’s investment advisory and custodial platform, advisor satisfaction, and adoption/satisfaction of LPL enterprise services (LPL Research, Financial Planning, Outsourced Services, Private Client Group, Insurance and Annuity, The Private Trust Company, Business Intelligence, Sponsor Relations, Marketing, Compliance, STO, and Product/Platform Management).
- Incentive compensation planning, performance management and assessment
- Territory T&E planning and assessment
- Manage attrition risk of Advisors by proactively partnering with internal stakeholders to resolve high profile and complex situations
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence LPL Senior Management
- Ensure the Regional Advisory Consultants incorporate a consistent engagement process centered on data driven analytics.
- Developing and executing business plan initiatives
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree (focus in: Finance, Economics, Marketing or other business related field desired)
- Minimum Experience required: (including years of experience) 10+ years (focus in: Financial Services, Wholesaling, Financial Advisor, Recruiting), Sale management experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 or 66 required
- MBA/CFP/CFA/CIMA/CWS preferred
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: MS-Word Required, MS-PowerPoint Required, MS-Outlook Required, MS-Excel Required
- Other: Miller Heiman training preferred
- Salesforce CRM experience will be helpful
List any Physical Requirements for the position: (Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Must be able to travel within the Division/nationally as required (typically 2+ weeks per month)
- Externally, this position interacts with advisors who own their businesses (consider them CEO's), branch managers running large enterprises, wholesalers, and middle and senior management at sponsor firms.
- Internally, this position interacts with middle and senior management at LPL.
List any Soft Skills required for the position: (Communication, Multi-Tasking, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of wealth management, investments, fee-based platforms, asset management firms and competing broker/dealers is preferred.
- Communication skills are extremely important. Excellent verbal skills, as well as excellent presentation skills are a must.
- Demonstrated sales success is highly desired.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive is necessary.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work well independently is critical and the ability to collaborate and work well with teams is also necessary.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.