VP - Innovation StrategistApply Job ID: R-012167 Date posted: 01/11/2021 Primary Location CA-Remote
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Are you someone who approaches understanding the root cause of today’s challenges like a scientist, embraces solving hard problems like a management consultant, knows how to build and ship digital product, and has a burning passion to create customer oriented products? Are you passionate about Innovation and emerging technology? Are you curious? Are you comfortable with ambiguity? And like to have fun as a team player? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Evaluating new technologies and building core technology capabilities is a key enabler to innovation. VP – Innovation Strategist are often fast-learning technology generalists who are able to spot and articulate the business value proposition for technologies. A successful candidate will work as effectively prototyping and demonstrating a new technology as they will delivering a business case to incorporate successful experiments into the enterprise.
- Develop an understanding of LPL’s product roadmaps to understand how the vision within those domains is evolving to better align with the market. Work with the business to identify and lead the innovation opportunities.
- Formulate emerging technology strategies that will set the foundation to solve complex business strategic goals. Do Market research, Provide Point of View docs based on Industry trends, emerging tech and LPL needs
- Communicate with cross-functional technology teams to instigate a “test, learn, iterate” approach to emerging technology adoption. Coordinate with LPL Labs, designers, architects. Work with developers to develop PoCs/MVP of the concept developed. responsible for start to finish from ideation (using design thinking ) until PoC delivery and graduate to pilot
- Work with external service partners to identify, prototype and test new products and services, and incorporate their solutions into capabilities to accelerate innovation and market access
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the market at large to ensure the right technology solutions are being used to optimize use of available capabilities while allowing for flexibility to adopt the solutions of tomorrow.
- Lead applied product development using human-centered design and lean start-up processes that result in desirability insights and viable product, service or solution recommendations. Also, distills business, customer, and partner constraints into digestible components for the design and development teams
- Lead the delivery of a range of applied innovation projects that could vary based on user, problem/opportunity defined
- Define, research, experiment and champion an emerging technology agenda or roadmap.
- Capture and socialize effective innovation practices inside and outside the innovation team, including training on innovation best practices.
- Provide leadership to Innovation Analyst and manage the Innovation pipeline
- Strategic Thinker Advanced Technical fluency, with the ability to comfortably discuss emerging technology concepts, and their applicability to the entire technology stack
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences regarding business impacts leveraging narrative and visual story telling
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly curious with demonstrated ability to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Flexible mindset with the ability to see opportunities from multiple angles to best understand how to apply available solutions
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative style
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Agile human centered design mindset
- We expect a successful candidate to bring deep experience within several of the below technologies, and conversant knowledge of the remainder.
- Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence Solutions
- Predictive Analytics
- Other emerging tech such as Block Chain, AR/VR, Edge computing exposure is a plus
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree;10+ years working within Technology organizations is required, 4+ years engagement within digital technologies and digital product management
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing AI, Machine Learning, NLP
- Previous experience working in Innovation teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and people management skills
- Collaborative team player
- Prior Financial Services or Fintech experience strongly desired while knowledge of financial platforms (consumer or commercial) is absolutely required.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.