AVP, Digital Strategy, Content and Social MediaApply Job ID: R-003349 Date posted: 06/07/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations NC-Charlotte , CA-San Diego
Come join LPL Financial as a member of our digital strategy team where you will lead activities to further our digital roadmap, and proactively solve business challenges through customer-centric digital experience, social media and content initiatives. You must be part visionary, part tactician and a masterful relationship builder to support our digital shift. You will collaborate across the company to understand business’ needs and form digital and content strategies in support of key insights and requirements. Your main goal: continuously optimize the experience for key audiences with LPL to drive value for them and the business. Come help us execute a digital experience strategy, by strengthening our content production lifecycle, our social media program and the overall user experience across channels. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, comfort with technology (i.e. content management, digital asset management, workflow solutions, etc.), an editorial instinct and social media experience with a history leading strategic content programs across a wide spectrum of complex digital experience initiatives. You will help incubate and lead digital content strategies, pushing the organization forward into the next phase of its digital presence.
Cross-Channel and Cross-Device Content Strategy
- Lead our content planning and optimization process, taking a holistic view of the customer experience, and leveraging insights from a variety of sources.
- Lead cross-functional and cross-channel teams to evolve our content and campaign optimization framework in support of acquisition, retention and service goals across the organization, informed by knowledge of and empathy for the broader customer journey.
- Partner with corporate communication, corporate newsroom, marketing, service and others to source, curate and optimize content assets produced across these groups.
- Partner with product management teams to ensure there is a robust content strategy to accompany new capabilities embedded across our digital eco-system.
- Partner with analytics and insights experts within the team and across the business to continuously align activities to user insights, establishing appropriate KPIs to drive website performance or customer journey improvements..
- Tie together the digital experience and broader content strategy and oversee distribution of content through digital channels to support a multi-touchpoint approach.
- Oversees agency and vendor relationships in support of business goals
- Ensure the team follows best practices for search engine performance (both internal and external search engines).
- Serves as editor-in-chief for our digital channels, ensuring any content created for online consumption is optimized for user goals, search or KPIs that help drive improved engagement.
Experience and Engagement Optimization
- This role will take an omni-channel and customer-centric approach to our digital presence, and is accountable for helping optimize the end-to-end digital customer experience across channels and devices, primarily via the use and optimization of content.
- Use knowledge of information architecture and human-centered design to influence content creation activities that help improve the overall experience across our digital channels.
- Responsible for activities (both strategic and tactical) to enhance the digital experience of LPL and support a variety of measurable business goals through our digital channels - working in close collaboration with key stakeholders and business leaders
- Partner with teams across the firm to translate CX vision to functional and content specifications that deliver a strong digital experience.
- Keep up with trends, competition and innovation. Continually benchmark LPL against competitors and other business influencers and their activities. Connect these insights to potential impacts on LPL digital business.
- Define and lead all aspects of our evolving social media strategy to position our social channels as value drivers across the organization.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders across functional areas to ensure our social channels reflect user needs and amplify relevant content in near real-time.
- Establish operational protocols that ensure our social channels serve as a core part of a rapidly evolving shift in how we communicate to key audiences.
- Broker strategic internal relationships in order to support customer needs. Build strong relationships across functions to determine ongoing enhancements that will drive engagement and conversion.
- Investigate new opportunities, keep abreast of trends, attend conferences to ensure we are constantly pushing the envelope and staying ahead.
- B.A. or B.S. in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a digital strategy, content strategy or digital editorial role at a major consulting firm, financial services institution, large retailer, news outet or agency (or some combination of these experiences).
- 5+ years active leadership of social media channels and demonstrated knowledge of how to build and maintain them as core business tools.
- Strong writing and editing skills with experience in a journalistic or mass communications role. (writing samples may be requested).
- B2B2C experience highly valued.
- Experience working in the digital or customer experience space specifically, and understanding of the landscape, key drivers and eCommerce fundamentals.
- Experience in digital product and website management
- Experience leading a content marketing effort and influencing content changes on digital channels to drive business value
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking and practical organizational planning skills
- Demonstrated track record of success in shaping and influencing an organization’s strategic agenda and priorities
- Deep understanding of the LPL client and an ability to identify and articulate opportunities.
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities and business needs. Proven multi-tasking skills, ability to meet critical deadlines.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.