Experience Strategist and ArchitectApply Job ID: R-003750 Date posted: 07/09/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations NC-Charlotte , CA-San Diego
LPL’s Digital Strategy team is searching for a seasoned Experience Strategist and Architect Lead capable of managing projects from concept to launch, with a focus on integrating usability and interaction design into products, services, experiences, spaces, and brands.
Reporting to the VP of Digital Experience, this role will be aligned with one segment of the advisor experience, and involved in all parts of the design process: experience strategy, relationship development, user research, concept development, prototyping, working with developers, and design stewardship. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about envisioning elegant user experiences and using human-centered design as a source of inspiration when creating compelling and seamless experiences.
- 7+ years of work experience analyzing and interpreting behaviors related to an interactive digital experience
- Strong knowledge of user experience across devices, platforms and channels
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Work with product managers, creative resources, content strategists, channel owners and analytic specialists to solve complex business problems and diverse user needs
- Apply user-centered design (UCD) processes to identify user needs and create a roadmap to meet those needs, focused on the user, and aligned to business and technical expectations
- Produce design artifacts like wireframes, site maps, schematics, user workflows, mockups, and working prototypes
- Communicate with technical-minded colleagues, to discuss product ideas, influence the technology stack and deliver specifications
- Start with the big picture and employ empathy for the user to imagine and create intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use digital capabilities
- Influence, negotiate and communicate the digital experience vision and strategy, and evangelize design best practices within the organization
- Handle multiple projects and designs concurrently, and prioritize requirements into short and long term plans
- Adapt to and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment, with the ability to be a thought leader
- Proficient with Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch or similar tools for purposes of creating wireframes, and prototypes
- Evolve a digital design system, to act as a guide for all digital experience design projects.
Please, provide a web-based portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to document user experience in ideation, planning, prototyping, wireframes, visual design, specifications, and production via Wireframes and Information Architecture specifications, process artifacts, and design specifications
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.