Sr. Software Developer in TestApply Job ID: R-011292 Date posted: 02/18/2021 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations NC-Charlotte , SC-Columbia , TX-Dallas ,TX-Houston
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for designing and executing tests manually (15%) and automatically (85%) to identify and resolve all data related issues to meet quality standards. Our tight-knit team combines a Scrum process with a strong testing culture. In this role you will be responsible to develop test automation strategies and take the lead role in Database Testing, BI/DW/ETL Testing. Exceptionally Strong SQL skills is must have for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build and perform End to End QA effort on Data Warehouse/ETL/BI Platforms
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Understand data flow and test strategy for ETL , Data warehouse and Business Intelligence testing
- ETL testing of mapping, transformations and data pipelines.
- Data warehouse testing involving the testing of stored procedures, SSIS packages, slowly changing dimension tables, Change Data capture etc.
- Business Intelligence testing involving the validation of DataMart, ODS, Data models and SSRS reports.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Identify, document and track software defects
- Work closely with development teams to perform root cause analysis of issues
- Manage multiple tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, as necessary
- Write advanced SQL queries for ETL/data warehousing/Business Intelligence testing
- Identify test cases which has to be automated. Prepare test automation strategy.
- Design and develop test automation for backend.
- Work with the team to continually improve test processes and practices based on inspection/adaption of previous iterations and to ensure adherence to process, tools and metrics standards within the project team
- Show initiatives and accountability with strong time management skills with project teams.
- Exhibit strong collaboration/interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to research issues and improve processes
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in ETL testing techniques
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing and business intelligence concepts and testing techniques
- Experience in Working with Star Schema, ODS, multi-dimensional models, slowly changing dimensions
- Experience in working with ETL framework, Change Data capture, DataMart, Data models etc.
- Working knowledge of test automation for backend using Java and associated frameworks
- Experience in continuous testing practices in a CI/CD development pipeline, and deploying test automation
- Solid experience in strategizing and planning all testing activities including automation.
- Ability to review and analyze business requirements in order to produce test strategy and test cases.
- Expertise working in Cloud data environment
- Familiarity with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
- Experience in Agile projects (Scrum, Kanban etc.).
- Working Knowledge in Test Management software (JIRA,ALM).
- Solid experience with Defect Management Process.
- Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience in Banking or Financial services domain is preferred.
- Experience in working with financial platforms
- Experience in Cluster, Containers/VMs, On Premise, On Cloud
- Strong knowledge on Data Lake, Azure/AWS, ELT & ETL, Data Warehouse, BI, Data Factory Tools
- Strong in SQL preparation in Oracle/SQL Server/NoSQL/RDMS/Big Data
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 – 10 years of experience with Software Quality Assurance- QA project life cycle, test plan, test strategies, test scenarios, test cases, traceability matrix.
- 3 - 5+ years of experience in Database/Data Warehouse/ETL Testing.
- 3 - 5+ years of Strong experience in advanced SQL scripting.
- Experience in MS SQL server, SSIS and SSRS.
- 3+ years’ experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark implementations.
- Awareness of Agile QA Software development life cycle –backlog, sprints, standups, burndowns.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.