Vice President, Relationship ManagerApply Job ID: R-011575 Date posted: 10/26/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations IL-Chicago , GA-Remote , IL-Remote ,LA-Remote
Are you an experienced financial services professional with institutional experience?
Do you have a background and passion for relationship management and strive to be a best in class business partner?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
This role is a remote position and we are considering remote talent in the southeast and mid-west.
The VP, Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing Enterprise offices and top producing advisors associated with the Enterprise. The VP will report to the SVP of Enterprise Relationship Management. The focus of the VP, Relationship Manager will be on managing, growing and retaining his/her Enterprises and their advisor relationships by using effective consulting, sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on educating their advisors on the value, benefits and features of LPL’s platform.
By developing a thorough understanding of the enterprise’s value proposition and the advisor’s businesses, in addition to a thorough understanding of LPL’s strategic initiatives, the VP will be responsible for crafting and aligning effective solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives, in conjunction with LPL’s. Additionally the VP, Relationship Manager will act as the primary point of contact between his/her advisors and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, consulting skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and yield objectives. The VP, Relationship Manager will also be responsible for providing direction to and in partnership with a dedicated internal support who will assist in the effort.
The VP, Relationship Manager must be skilled and experienced in engaging in high level strategic discussions with Enterprise owners, their Advisors, and the internal LPL executive team. Additionally, the candidate must understand, utilize and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, technology products, regulations, competitive pressures, services, workflow, demographics and systems knowledge to optimize results.
What will you do?
• Act as business liaison between LPL and the Enterprise Leadership to drive impactful engagements that produce favorable client NPS scores and reduce attrition risk.
• Manage and facilitate as project leader on complex business issues resulting in mutually beneficial outcome for LPL and the Enterprise.
• Manage Enterprise financial concessions requests to within budget targets.
• Document all opportunities, activities and meetings with Enterprise into Salesforce contact management system used to measure progress towards personal and team engagement goals.
• Be project leader on special projects as assigned that require collaboration with other senior leaders across LPL.
• Host study group meetings in collaboration with peers and LPL subject matter experts (SMEs) to drive Enterprise owners and advisors education and awareness of LPL value services.
• Complete bi-weekly territory management report for senior leadership one on one meetings
• Stay up informed on general financial services industry knowledge and happenings.
• 30% travel is anticipated. Must manage all T&E expenses within assigned budgeted amount.
What does success look like in the first 90 days?
Completion of 60 day comprehensive VP, Relationship Manager training curriculum. You should have a thorough understanding of the expected job responsibilities, job performance measurements and year-end goals.
Have good foundational knowledge of business structures and value offerings of Enterprises in assigned territory. Initial or scheduled introduction meetings with assigned Enterprise owners and key stakeholders to build upon the foundation of a strong mutually beneficial alliance.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in financial services preferably in sales and progressive client service/relationship management role.
• Series 7/63/65 (or 66) preferred
• Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer.
• Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products, services and business objectives
• Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
• Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.