Senior Trust Onboarding SpecialistApply Job ID: R-013395 Date posted: 03/25/2021 Primary Location OH-Cleveland
The Private Trust Company (PTC), an affiliate of LPL Financial LLC, is a growing, fast-paced, entrepreneurial business headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, that assists families in transferring, protecting, preserving and managing wealth to future generations, charities and communities. PTC is a national trust company with a unique business model that focuses on an open architecture investment management style, recognizing that clients are best served with a team of professionals with whom we will work. We offer clients the sophistication of our experienced trust officers, combined with a high level of customer service. As a limited purpose national bank, PTC is examined by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, a division of the US Treasury.
Opportunity and Role
PTC has a corporate value of creating a client-centric culture and this role is pivotal to driving that agenda and delivering high quality service levels to clients and advisors. This role is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service experiences, including accurate, timely and effective communication and execution of relational and transactional activities among clients and advisors, including high-net-worth accounts, while working as a team with a trust officer.
Success in this position would lead to higher satisfaction and improved advisor adoption of the PTC open architecture fiduciary model. The Candidate will participate primarily in general trust account onboarding functions supporting Trust Officers during the critical first months of a new relationship.
Sr. Onboarding Specialist duties will include:
- implementing a consistent communication and follow up plan with Advisor teams and end clients, when necessary, throughout the onboarding process,
- preparing, distributing, and tracking all forms and related documentation associated with new accounts,
- performing AML screening activities in connection with new client onboarding,
- opening new client accounts on the PTC trust accounting system,
- opening new client accounts on the LPL brokerage system,
- requesting the set-up of unique investment assets on the trust accounting system,
- performing reconciliations of trust assets upon funding,
- tracking of onboarding processes, communications, and completion of all associated workflows,
- coordinating establishment of online client access for new and existing relationships, moving toward paperless delivery of client statements wherever feasible,
- Working closely with prior custodian’s and trustees to facilitate transfer of information, documentation and assets,
- monitoring accounts from acceptance through funding, escalating issues as necessary and tracking anomalies
This individual will interact with other staff to facilitate and execute proper account opening and trust operations & administration functions. This individual will participate in periodic Trust Committee meetings, bringing information about activities and transactions to the Committee for review and reporting of issues and adherence to general procedures and practices.
Other duties may include: interacting with clients and client service providers, handling client requests, research, preparing management reports and spreadsheets.
Education & Experience
An ideal Candidate should have 2 to 3 years of experience in the trust, legal, brokerage, investment or accounting fields. The ideal Candidate would also possess a Bachelor’s degree and have strong Microsoft Office and general computer skills. Candidate should be a detail oriented, self-starter with excellent customer service, communication and follow up skills.
The following are critical general skills which the candidate must possess:
- Communication – must be able to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing and to articulate issues and solutions in a client relationship environment
- Project and time management skills.
- Technical skills – must have thorough working knowledge of computer systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Listening – ability to listen actively and attentively.
- Interpersonal skills – relates well to people at all levels; builds appropriate rapport; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Analytical / problem solving skills, Detail-oriented and organized
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.