Examiner, Branch ExaminationsApply Job ID: R-005810 Date posted: 02/07/2019 Primary Location CT-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote , IL-Remote , IN-Remote ,MI-Remote
Candidate must be location in or near one of the following locations:
- Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI, Hartford, CT, Indianapolis, IN, Minneapolis, MN, Nashville, TN, California, , Wisconsin, Ohio, or Pennsylvania
The Examiner position is responsible for independently conducting announced and unannounced on-site inspections of assigned LPL Financial branch offices. The branch exams are focused on the sales practices of each individual advisor and the books and records requirements of each office to ensure adherence to compliance with all applicable regulations. The examiner will consult with branch managers, advisors and support staff and provide direction on maintaining branch offices in accordance with federal and state regulations, FINRA and other SRO regulations and LPL Financial policies and procedures. This is a remote, home-based position which requires 50% travel and overnight stays will be required.
- Responsible for independently performing all functions of branch exams, including thorough on-site evaluation of branch activities to assess/monitor compliance with company policies and procedures as well as applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Conduct in-person consultations with branch manager, advisors and support staff.
- Prepare audit letter based on deficiencies identified during branch exam and provide instructions, both verbally and in writing, to correct deficiencies and operate an office that is in compliance with all regulations. Branch exam deficiencies and investigative findings are reported to branch managers and all levels of management.
- Accountable for planning and preparation of pre-audit material, scheduling of exams, travel arrangements and managing associated expenses.
Other Job Duties:
Test computers for compliance with specific security standards and conduct investigative reviews of computer content. Act as internal business partner to other business units, including relationship managers and designated principals, to address issues and provide feedback. Confidently present and articulate the work performed during branch exams during arbitration matters, to regulators and others. Remain current with FINRA and state regulatory issues as well as the company’s own written compliance policies and procedures. Participate in groups and/or committees for special projects to enhance audit processes and broader firm initiatives.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent industry experience required.
- Minimum Experience Required: 5+ years industry experience, preferably auditing and/or compliance experience.
- Licenses/Certifications Preferred: Series 7, 24 and 63. Additional licenses are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Technical skills sufficient to test computers for security and controls of Windows and other applications and conduct investigative review of computer content.
- Ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
- Travel/audits require the carrying of luggage and audit paperwork (approx. lifting at least 40 pounds)
- Professional demeanor to represent LPL in a client facing role and across all levels within and outside the organization.
- Must be detail oriented, have an inquisitive nature, strong organization skills and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform investigative, analytical and interviewing functions and clearly document work performed.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, self-motivate and work in a remote environment.
- Strong working knowledge of regulatory rules and LPL Financial policies and procedures.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.