AVP Relationship ManagerApply Job ID: R-008407 Date posted: 01/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations IA-Des Moines , MN-Minneapolis , MO-St. Louis
The Relationship Manager is the key owner of the Strategic and/or Key pivotal relationships within LPL and is responsible for the complete, end-to-end understanding of the advisor/practice’s business. The primary mission of the relationship manager is to align the right resources at the right time to drive overall advisor satisfaction and retention within LPL. The relationship manager is the key primary identifier of opportunities at the firm level and will work as a lead referral source to current and future growth pillar consulting opportunities.
- Create engagement and experience plan for territory
- Maintains up to date industry knowledge (Cerulli, market, competitive landscape, etc) and be an active student of the industry 30-40% travel to defined territory, including office visits up to 2x/yr with all covered offices (travel dependent on service model)
- Develop monthly connectivity with territory (webexs, outbound calls, etc)
- Initiates the sales process for opportunity management of business consulting growth pillars
- Identify needs and refer qualified leads to Practice Consultants and/or other internal consulting teams
- Develop partnerships with Regional Practice Consultants for business opportunities at conferences and events
- Owns and resolves complex business issues (ie business structure, affiliation, etc)
- Lead quarterly study groups based on relevant themes (Technology, research, Succession, etc)
- Completes and maintains Business/Relationship Assessments by firm
- Maintains complete, up-to-date SalesForce records for all covered advisors
- Drives implementation of strategic technology investments (Advisory World, client goals, etc)
- Drives and develop peer to peer connections within territory
- Maintain strong relationships with vendor partners to drive value added industry thought leadership
- Total and complete understanding and ownership of delivering the LPL value proposition to clients
- Accountable for Gross Profit retention of assets
- Series 7 and 63 desired
- At least 5-7 years in a sales, wholesaler or Relationship Management
- Passionate about being a “Student of the Industry”
- Bachelor's degree (and experience in a high paced experience in a sales or progressive client service role
- At least 5-7 years in account, B2B or relationship management roles
- Passionate about being a “Student of the Industry”
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the financial services industry required
- Ability to navigate with ease between challenging conversations and business opportunities with clients
- Ability to act as a coach, . Educate and engage advisors with ideas that can expand and improve their business
- Ability to learn or utilize existing knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
- Strong listening skills who can be assess and solve the needs of the customer in a fast paced environment
- Ability to act as a coach, to educate and engage advisors with ideas that can expand and improve their business
- Solid understanding of how a Financial Advisor's business operates
- Proactive, self-starter with a passion for cultivating and support long-standing, complex business relationships
- Ability to network and deploy a team approach to meet individualized customer need
- Dedicated to the importance of responsibility, persistence, and responsiveness in building loyal client relationships, and a passion for providing all three
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.