Chief EconomistApply Job ID: R-014228 Date posted: 08/17/2021 Primary Location FL-Remote
- Are you looking for an opportunity to lead the economic research effort for a major broker/dealer?
- Does membership in the firm’s dynamic asset allocation committee interest you?
- Do you enjoy speaking to various audiences, the public, and the media?
- If so, the chief economist position at LPL Financial may be a good career fit for you.
LPL is seeking a chief economist to join its Investment Research department. This individual will head the economic analysis efforts for the firm, provide a forward view of global economic conditions, and set forecasts across various economic data series. The chief economist will be responsible for generating regular, compelling research content for financial advisors and enterprise clients. He or she will communicate the firm’s economic views on conference calls, webinars, at LPL events, and during media engagements.
As a senior member of the Research department the chief economist will collaborate as a key constituent of the firm’s strategic and tactical asset allocation committee. He or she will be instrumental in setting the asset allocation framework used in managing a menu of active, multi-asset portfolios.
This role will report directly to the director of research and work closely with multiple key members of firm leadership, research, marketing, and public relations teams to help solidify the firm’s industry position in economic thought leadership.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
Central to the chief economist’s success over the first 90 days and beyond will be his or her ability to build an internal and external franchise as the firm’s economic subject matter expert, collaborate effectively with members of the firm’s strategic and tactical asset allocation committee, and establish a voice in front of LPL advisors, client audiences, and the media.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- 10+ years of experience in the field of macroeconomics; preferably within the financial services industry.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and the ability to cogently explain complex economic/financial information to various audiences.
- Strong technical economics skills, specifically in relation to statistical analysis.
- An advanced understanding of economic frameworks and macroeconomic policy.
- A background in the construction, issuance and support of global economic forecasts.
- Proficient in the utilization of analytical software and data sets such as Bloomberg, FactSet, and Haver Analytics.
- Series 7 and Series 66 preferred; or willingness to obtain.
- A bachelor’s degree in economics; an advanced degree is desirable.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.