Divisional Sales Manager - Advisor RecruitingApply Job ID: R-011148 Date posted: 01/08/2021 Primary Location FL-Remote Other Locations CA-Remote
LPL Financial is currently looking for a Senior Vice President to manage the Southeast Division for Business Development and Financial Advisor recruiting within the region. Not only will you lead an elite team of external sales professionals, but you will also lead strategic initiatives within Business Development that will help us target, attract and win business.
As an SVP of the firm, you will be able to operate remotely, but should be based in close proximity to the assigned territory for efficient travel coverage.
- Develop, shape, and manage key strategic initiatives within Business Development
- Manage an elite team of sales professionals / external recruiters
- Hiring, Training, Coaching and Development – putting the right team in place and giving salespeople the tools and resources they need to excel in their jobs
- Serve as strong leader who is able to break down obstacles, and who is able to scale and drive opportunities to the recruiters
- Set strategic sales direction and build an elite sales culture
- Provide sales support for large complex deals, working through long sales cycles and multiple buying influences
- Build relationships and strong partnerships across the organization; such as Marketing, Sales, Transition Partners, Finance, and Compliance
- Meet with key clients and key prospects – 60% travel required
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced industry certification (e.g CFP, CFA, CIMA) and/or MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- Series 7 preferred
- 10+ years of Sales Management experience
- 15+ years of successful sales experience within the financial services industry
- Experience working for a Broker Dealer, wirehouse and/or custodian
- Successful track record of managing and closing complex sales
- Training and experience with Miller Heiman process a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in general management; building, leading, and coaching high performing sales teams
- Experience leading teams of FA Recruiters who are skilled in recruiting top tier financial advisors, a plus
- Knowledge of the institutional sales process
- Consultative selling is a prerequisite for the position
- Strong understanding of current competition, its people and products
- Stays on top of the local and national economy and financial markets activity
- Solid network and strong connections across the industry
- Ability to influence decisions and direction across the organization
- Ability to build strong professional relationships throughout LPL
- Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Experienced and skilled at working with and navigating at executive level
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.