Financial ConsultantApply Job ID: R-010859 Date posted: 10/15/2020 Primary Location FL-Remote
Territory: FL, West Coast: Estero and Naples
A Financial Consultant acts as a dedicated representative assigned to a specific branch (or multiple branches) to deliver Non-Deposit Investment Products (NDIPs) and services to the branch customers and prospective customer base. Serves as an advisor to provide an advice-based approach to financial solutions for an assigned book of business. Actively solicits new and existing investments and insurance solutions from retail client base designed to meet the individualized needs of each customer. Establish a strong partnership with Retail Branch Managers and Centers of Influence and maintain strong working relationships with all assigned Branches.
- Utilizing a consultative, holistic approach, sales process, and assessment tools where appropriate.
- Providing comprehensive, needs- based financial solutions to clients by offering a range of investment/insurance solutions
- Delivering needs based, comprehensive financial solutions by offering a suitable and diversified set of brokerage, advisory, and insurance solutions to meet client needs and objectives.
- Employing ethical business practices to ensure full compliance of regulatory, broker dealer and institution requirements
- Delivering a high quality customer service experience during each customer interaction
- Building strong relationships with retail branch staff, supporting and motivating their referral efforts. Developing a complete understanding of the core institution products to support cross- selling opportunities and to generate referrals back to the institution where appropriate
- Meet or exceed established sales goals for assigned territory while ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and regulations governing products and services.
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree Preferred).
- Minimum of two (2) years investment sales experience (preferably in a financial institution)
- Must maintain Licenses and FINRA registrations: Active State Applicable Life Insurance License, Active Series 7 Registration, Active Series 63 Registration (if required by the state of hire), Active Series 65 or 66
- Registration (If required by the state of hire. If required by state of hire and not active, must acquire within the first six months of hire)
- Broad knowledge of characteristics and needs of clients and partners within the bank- based investment market space
- Demonstrated ability to sell products and services to investment clients; evidence of strong sales results
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent knowledge of investment/insurance products and financial planning
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite, including Power Point and applications specific to the broker dealer
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess strong organization skills
- Excellent customer service and business focus with a great attention to detail
- Effective research and analysis skills
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.