Senior Vice President Head of Independent Advisor InstituteApply Job ID: R-012040 Date posted: 01/28/2021 Primary Location FL-Remote
We are currently searching for a Leader to lead the Independent Advisor Institute, LPL’s innovative offering for developing and supporting productive new to the industry and emerging advisors in joining existing practices.
This highly visible role will be accountable for transforming the Independent Advisor Institute into a significant growth engine for LPL Financial, and will play a high-visibility role in shaping and running this offering. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing programs that increase the number of new/emerging advisors joining existing practices, coaching and training junior advisors so they can immediately demonstrate their value and ultimately maximize the probability of the entire practice’s success. Setting strategy, sourcing candidates, creating and facilitating best-in-class training modules and overseeing the day to day operations of IAI are all part of a typical day in this role.
A successful candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for building innovative programs from the ground up and a desire to be a part a team that is relentlessly focused on driving growth.
- Develop and execute end-to-end strategy for driving material expansion of same store sales growth through programs that develop and support productive new advisors in joining existing practices at scale
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for expanding the program’s offering to broaden participation and meet the needs of Advisors
- Continuously adapt the strategy and program offerings based on competitive landscape and current learnings
- Serve as the “face” of the Institute, actively marketing its programs and driving awareness of the value it brings
- Oversee the development of the curriculum, curation of content, and sourcing of candidates and mentors
- Source and implement innovative digital platforms to assist in scaling the program’s reach
- Develop, integrate, and coordinate relationships with various recruiting channels and advisor communities
- Coach and develop new-to-the-industry trainees through a robust program consisting of virtual, in-person and local interactions
- Consult with established advisors to drive engagement, partnership and success of the senior and junior advisors
- Influence up and across the organization to ensure the program’s overall success
- Build and lead a team of talented, passionate and diverse professionals who are committed to the program—and each other’s—success
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or a related field
- 10+ years’ professional experience in a combination of professional services, financial services and corporate environments
- Strategic thinker, with the ability evaluate business opportunities within the context of the larger organization and its objectives
- Experience building growth programs from concept to successful delivery and adoption
- Demonstrated leadership and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- Series 7 and 66 licenses required, or must be obtained within 90 days; CFP® designation preferred
PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SalesForce, Online training delivery technologies
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.