Admin Solutions, Associate Vice President (AVP)Apply Job ID: R-008620 Date posted: 02/10/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Discover your opportunity with LPL Financial, a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer with over 17,000 financial advisors and over 4500 corporate employees where we respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
Are you interested in engaging in a startup culture at the country's largest independent broker-dealer? Does the prospect of shaping and molding the responsibilities and opportunities of a new revenue generating department excite you? As the Associate Vice President (AVP) of Admin Solutions this is the environment you will be stepping into.
The AVP of Admin Solutions is responsible for planning and directing projects to help build the sustainable, repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. This role will also include responsibility for leading special projects to drive more quality, scope, and scale in the offering. It may include management of multiple teams as well.
Admin Solutions is a new product offering for LPL designed to help their Advisors gain time, reduce costs, and drive growth. Outsourcing their daily practice management tasks to direct-access dedicated specialists within LPL will enable them to focus their newfound freedom on generating revenue and growing their business.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a thought partner among the Admin Solutions program leadership team
- Identify and oversee continuous improvement efforts
- Answer questions and provide support to Managers, Admin Consultants, and advisors
- Set performance goals and measure Admin Consultants & Managers against those goals
- Lead projects related to process improvement & efficiency
- Write and deliver performance reviews
- Interview and make staffing decision for Admin Solutions Managers
- Identify trends and areas of improvement for staff and the VAS program
- Regularly exercise discretion and business judgment; research and coach Managers and Admin Consultants to gracefully resolve customer issues
- Provide strong, compassionate, and visionary leadership which foster positive attitudes and trust among employees and our advisors
- Bachelor’s degree requirement; Master’s degree preferred
- Strategic planning skills highly desirable
- Ability to translate complex, ambiguous problems into executable solutions
- People management experience preferred
- Financial Services experience ideal, but not required
- Process improvement experience and/or designations strongly preferred
- Series 99 Required (or willing to obtain within 90 days); ability and willingness to obtain Series 7 and other regulatory licensing preferred
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently are required to identify problems and implement solutions in a team environment
The Empowerment of Your Role
LPL is transforming our culture and our commitment to the ease of doing business. Making it easier for advisors to do business with us is our No. 1 priority. No matter what your role or department, at LPL we all own this. Knowing this we are all empowered to make things simpler and do what is best for advisors and their investors.
The Quality You Deliver
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together.
LPL Financial has a “we” philosophy rather than a “me” philosophy. Our benefit packages are built to support our colleagues and their families by providing programs that foster health, peace of mind, work/life balance, as well as support for your financial and social goals and commitments. Sound too good to be true? See for yourself and learn more about our benefit offerings.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.