Analyst, Advisor ReviewApply Job ID: R-010896 Date posted: 09/18/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire an Analyst within the Advisor Review area of the Business Risk Management department within the Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR) organization. The Advisor Review Analyst is a first line defense function responsible for the review of high risk representatives wishing to join LPL Financial and review of Outside Business Activity and Private Securities Transaction Requests for advisors. The Analyst will work closely with other departments throughout the onboarding process: Recruiting, Branch Development, New Client Onboarding and Registration Services, as well as several departments throughout LPL for existing Advisors.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Review requests for Outside Business Activities & Private Securities Transactions submitted by advisors
- First line supervisory responsibility to conduct due diligence review on high risk registered representatives before they join LPL
- First line supervisory responsibility to conduct due diligence review on Non-Licensed Associates with prior registration histories, Office Sharing Arrangements, and Delegations
- Interacts with advisors, business consultants and various internal departments as well as senior levels of management in fully evaluating and communicating compliance determination, as well as, coordination of special projects and investigations
- Works with assigned business units and provides supervisory expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives
- Coordinates high risk profile reviews with the Regional Supervisory Principal in Home Office Supervision
- Identifies suspicious risk profiles and ensures all appropriate information and details are gathered in order to make an appropriate decision
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with other internal investigations and reviews
- Create and analyze departmental metrics to assist to boost overall efficiency and productivity
- Performs other duties and completes ad hoc projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience
- Licenses/Certifications Required: Series 7, Series 24 or must pass within 120 days of employment
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio. Familiarity with Salesforce and Oracle a plus
Other Job Duties:
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Knowledge of FINRA SEC, and State rules and regulations
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and risk-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.