AML InvestigatorApply Job ID: R-019651 Date posted: 11/26/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
• Program Execution
• Responsible for performing complex investigations involving red flags indicative of potential fraud, money laundering and other suspicious activity.
• Research and verify the accuracy of information obtained through referrals and in the context of investigations.
• Draft narratives explaining the basis for the Firm’s decision on whether the filing of a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) is warranted.
• Partner with local, state, and federal law enforcement to respond to questions and inquiries of suspicious activity in client accounts.
• Initiate and respond to 314a/314b inquiries from law enforcement and financial institutions.
• Effectively communicate with and provide key services to external branch office personnel (OSJs, Advisors, administrative assistants).
• Partner with internal departments to thoroughly investigate potentially suspicious activity and on risk mitigation activities.
• Collaborate with team to implement initiatives and projects sponsored and approved by management.
• Assist in providing internal training on the Firm’s AML programs, policies, and procedures.
• Act as a resource and provide guidance to team members on challenging investigations.
• Working with Law Enforcement, Regulatory Authorities, and Peer Institutions
• Serve as a liaison with relevant law enforcement, regulatory authorities, and peer institutions in relation to AML and Fraud matters.
EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience preferred
• Professional licenses/certifications (i.e., FINRA Series 7, CAMS, CFE) preferred
• Minimum 1-3 years of Financial Crimes/Fraud alert processing/investigations and/or AML alert processing/investigations experience
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in reviewing transactions in bank and/or brokerage accounts
• High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
• Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
• Working knowledge of AML and Fraud regulatory requirements
• Working knowledge of Financial Crime Detection software, i.e. Mantas, SAS, Actimize, or similar
• Assist fellow Senior Investigators and Management with escalating potential risks
• Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
• Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
• Attention to detail and quality assurance
• Knowledge of the Brokerage Industry
• FINRA Licenses are a plus
• CFE and/or CAMs Certification is a plus
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.