Analyst, Advisor M&AApply Job ID: R-007574 Date posted: 09/03/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial, we are seeking a strong Analyst to join our team as a member of our Advisor Financial Solutions department to be part of our Advisor M&A team. The Advisor M&A group is in the process of building an end-to-end platform for our advisors to access during M&A transactions and will play an instrumental role throughout the lifecycle of a M&A transaction.
- Support Advisor M&A deal specialists with loan underwriting, deal structures, and contracts
- Ability to work as a team to provide data driven analytics to help solve complex issues
- Maintain the valuation statistics log for the purpose of ensuring the valuation model’s integrity (e.g. the sales comparable database)
- Driven to continue to create efficient and effective processes that meet the needs of our advisors
- Assist in data analysis and other performance metrics through acquisition due diligence
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions specifically related to deal structure and deal contracts
- Maintain an existing database of buyers whom have expressed interest in growing through acquisition; provide matchmaking services for LPL’s selling advisors and existing LPL buyers
- Further assist the acquisition team in streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- Ability to think strategically and provide insights related to the advisor M&A market and overall industry trends
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- 1-2 years in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or corporate development experience is preferred
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Understanding of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-Driven individual with high level of motivation
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.