Analyst, Advisor M&AApply Job ID: R-011354 Date posted: 10/07/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you someone with a background in finance?
Do you have an interest in end-to-end small business M&A?
Do you enjoy working in a unique, fast-changing, deal environment?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
The Advisor M&A team assists LPL Financial advisors as they perform buyouts, mergers, acquisitions or divestitures within their business or enterprise. This rapidly growing segment of the financial services industry provides a solution for advisors seeking to grow through acquisition, and allows retiring advisors an opportunity to exit with minimal end-investor disruption as ownership transfers.
What will you do?
- Support existing Advisor M&A team in daily back-end operations (perform valuations, underwrite loans, analyze business statistics, follow up with clients for deal status updates, etc.)
- Assist in data analysis and other performance metrics on LPL’s closed, current and future client acquisition deal flow
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in small business mergers and acquisitions and alternative deal structure strategies
- Assist with the enhancement of LPL’s internal library of acquisition strategy, resources, and whitepapers
- Maintain an existing database of buyers whom have expressed interest in growing through acquisition
- Further assist the acquisition team in streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands for advisor M&A activity
- Ability to think strategically and provide insights related to the advisor M&A market and overall industry trends
- Be able to present or speak in front of small audiences occasionally
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Working with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to M&A deals
- Immersing yourself in learning as much as you can about the nuances of team processes and tools, the industry, company, and our advisors
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or related-field required
- 1-2 years corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or corporate development experience preferred
- Basic Excel modeling capabilities required (Vlookup, Match, Pivots, etc.); excel test administered if applicant is selected for onsite interview
- Strong communication required (written and verbal)
- Self-Driven individual with high level of motivation
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative, and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Strong knowledge of business valuation methodology desired
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, dynamic environment required
- Experience interacting with advisors and senior management a plus
- Basic knowledge of the financial services industry and financial products a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platforms, products and services a plus
- Knowledge of small business operations a plus
- FINRA Series 7/63 a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.