Analyst - Advisory OpsApply Job ID: R-014193 Date posted: 04/29/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Core Job Description
The Analyst, Advisory Operations/Advisory Billing, provides problem-solving, reporting, project and training support to their respective team. The Analyst will also support the teams risk management by understanding controls that impact advisory billing. This will require the Analyst to have a foundational level of knowledge of all team processes as well as an understanding of the overall advisory billing process and how the various independent processes fit in the overall billing process. This will further require additional understanding of the overall impacts to advisory billing by understanding the dependencies on other key departments within LPL. The Analyst will help support the Sr Operations Specialists in updating operational procedures should they be impacted by a project, control changes, etc.
- Must have the ability to communicate complex issues both in writing and verbally to management and internal/external vendors and customers. Must be able to provide oversight of existing processes and mitigate risk against future firm impact.
- Subject matter expert on operational policies and procedures with a primary focus on the overall Advisory Billing process and related processes
- Oversee the review, reconciliation and supervisory control of data and provide detail-level analysis to external clients while meeting service level agreements.
- Documents quality issues, performance measures and quality improvements for management review.
- Ensures proper application of and compliance with internal and regulatory standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to obtain key job knowledge that will help meet the specific business needs. Research complex situations and define the actions necessary to resolve the situation.
- Project testing and implementation
- Support leadership on multiple and possibly overlapping projects.
- Ability to take on new challenges
- Reengineer existing processes for improved experience and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate across the firm and in meetings.
- Prioritization of solution implementation based on reputational, regulatory and financial risk
- Ability to independently manage deliverables related to multiple projects
- Coordination with internal and external team members to implement or support ongoing processes
- Process change management including updating and maintaining department controls and procedures.
- Reengineer existing processes to increase efficiency
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze information and strong reporting skills
- Ability to handle escalated items timely and accurately, while creating a great experience for our customers
- 3+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Project coordination experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of Advisory Products, Centrally Managed Platforms and other LPL products.
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in Advisory Billing and other LPL Advisory Products.
- Working understanding around Client Compensation
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- FINRA licensing a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite required; BETA, Documentum preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.