Analyst, Business MgmtApply Job ID: R-005678 Date posted: 01/22/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is currently seeking an experienced data analyst with excellent communication skills. The candidate must have experience at reviewing massive amounts of data, finding patterns, insights, and anomalies and communicating those findings in concise, clear and easy to understand formats that the STO Leadership team can use to form action plans. You will assist in the development of recommendations by synthesizing data from multiple sources, developing reports where needed to drive business insights and strategy development. In this position, you will strategize with the team to create solutions with a focus on automation, scalability and action-oriented intelligence. Our ideal candidate has the strong communications skills required to succeed as part of a dynamic cross-functional team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data Call Center metrics and operational data including
- Develop reporting, verbal and written communications summarizing key findings.
- Create new and improve existing analytics approaches to solve questions in a creative way
- Deliver key insights with interpretation and recommendation, contributes to the development of hypotheses and actions and presents them to management team
- Interpret data, summarize information and present findings.
- Point out patterns, divergence from patterns; identify opportunity and risk based on data set.
- Work with all levels on management with the appropriate level of detail to solve problems
- Weekly written summary of activity for departments.
- Leverage data visualization to assist in telling the story for various areas of the business.
- Mine and analyze internal data sets to help stakeholders develop action plans and / or draw conclusions.
- Support peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through analysis of results.
- Improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as an experienced Business Analyst.
- Create and manage reports & dashboards in reporting systems including Tableau and other BI tools
- Identify and champion innovative technologies for improved analytics and reporting.
- Work with the Technology team to develop a data infrastructure that enables the team to answer business questions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with tools such as SQL Server, Tableau, Python, VBA and R
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, including pivot tables and complex logic-based formulas
- Ability to create PowerPoint decks to share findings
- Experience in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Driven individual, always seeking to improve and grow a plus.
- Handle pressure well; you will be working with the senior team on advancing initiatives based on data and analysis you provide.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with using Tableau to aggregate and analyze data collected from various sources
- Experience with the Microsoft program suite
- Trusted to work independently with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to communicate information to senior executives for decision making purposes
- Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent data gathering, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business Analysis: 3 years
- Tableau: 1-3 years
- Data Analysis: 3 years
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred major in Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, MIS
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.