Analyst, Business MgmtApply Job ID: R-008569 Date posted: 01/15/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the financial services industry with a proven success in operating in a dynamic fast-paced environment. The Analyst will lead project & task assignments related to the facilitation of client mailings, block transfers, tape-to-tape conversions, and data mining. They will regularly exercise excellent business judgment and quickly research and resolve departmental and data issues.
The Analyst will successfully lead projects or coordinate efforts that are increasingly complex and achieve management/department goals for the department.
- Develop strong internal and external relationships.
- Works with internal & external business partners to identify project scope and solidify lines of communication
- Ensures deadlines are met by reviewing and updating project plans & task lists in a timely manner, planning, organizing, and prioritizing
- Ensures that all tasks/activities are documented effectively
- Keep management and key stakeholders well informed of project progress, status and/or concerns
- Identifies issues and ensures timely actions to mitigate, including escalation to manager/leadership as necessary
- Work with managers and stakeholders to identify and document process gaps, manage issue tracking while suggesting solutions and approaches to rectify
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Software/System Skills Preferred:
Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Access a plus)
- Minimum 2+ years of previous experience in data management or analytics
- Project management experience, highly desired
- History of independent, high-performance work as well as being a strong contributor to a team
- A demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet goals
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of an organization
- A passion for improving processes so they can be followed easily and lead to excellent results
- Ability to partner closely and establish good working relationships with other business units
- Proficient in managing block transfers (incoming and outgoing)
- Self-motivated team player
- A general understanding of tape-to-tape conversions and tape-to-tape repapering
- Highly detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possesses strong collaboration and team-building awareness
- Organized with the ability to manage time and prioritize effectively
- Goal-oriented, self-directed individual who can work independently and in a team setting
- Superior communications skills both oral and written
- Must have a strong customer service focus
- Sound interpersonal skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.