Analyst, Capital MarketsApply Job ID: R-006005 Date posted: 02/27/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Capital Markets (treasury) group. As a trusted business partner, you will develop deep and thoughtful analysis to help our management team make informed decisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, high attention to detail and capital markets knowledge to support the company’s capital planning and decision making.
The Capital Markets team plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is directly involved in managing our capital structure, as well as strategic and general financial analysis, including, but not limited to, internal growth initiatives along with supporting/financing potential M&A transactions.
The position will be responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and insightful financial analysis, reporting and modeling to promote the efficiency and success of the firm’s capital structure management. This position requires strong organizational, analytical, communication, technical and corporate finance skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects on parallel tracks. Strong quantitative and organizational skills along with a thorough understanding of corporate finance principles and advanced financial modeling concepts are required. Candidates must possess the ability to interact effectively with business partners and all levels of management. The ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing assistance with decisions related to capital structure and capital management
- Executing analysis that supports the development of financial recommendations and/or resolution of key strategic issues, including;
- Capital Structure
- Capital Allocation
- Develop & maintain analytics and processes to support and enhance the capital structure.
- Perform detailed business analysis, statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining.
- Produce support that helps prepare the CEO and CFO for quarterly earnings calls
- Provide Executive Management and the Board of Directors with transparent reporting and recommendations of capital structure and capital allocation
- Producing compelling, visually effective presentation material using the MS Office product suite, particularly via the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Designing and executing research efforts and conducting analysis to support business initiatives
- Produce valuation and other analysis to help determine optimal capital management strategies
- Performing all debt administration and debt compliance related activities and reports
- Monitoring, maintaining, and reporting the share purchase program
- Working collaboratively while building effective business partnerships and relationships with senior leaders and their support team across the firm
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Performing macro research as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related-field is required
- Highly motivated and able to executein a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong knowledge/interest in corporate finance and capital markets
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated financial models with minimal oversight
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, and development of actionable recommendations
- A strong ability to convey complex information in a consumable manner
- Strong team work, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- CFA Charter, or working towards a CFA Charter is a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.