Analyst, CompensationApply Job ID: R-017098 Date posted: 08/27/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Associate Analyst position in Client Compensation plays a role in support of several key areas across the Client Compensation team. The level of support will vary based on business need and as such she/he must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision. The associate analyst is responsible for various reporting needs, research/investigation, and analysis of system functions and transactions to support Client Comp teams and our advisors in order to receive accurate compensation.
This role will require the individual to possess strong analytical skills to accurately sort and model data, support process analysis/redesign and assist in project work. The associate analyst must be able to effectively communicate with others and balance workload in a dynamic environment to ensure tasks are completed accurately and timely.
Reporting and Data Analytics
- As needed, ability to create and update daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Perform complex data analysis, reconciliations and design/develop ad-hoc reports
- Interact with internal and external leaders to ensure data accurately reflects reporting needs (in support of Department goals/SLAs)
- SME Data support to external organizations
- Clean up to call out research & House research
- Investigate misuse of fund processing and provide recommendations for enhanced procedures to reduce risk to the firm
- Investigate unidentified compensations, includes but not limited to, advisor call our, sponsor call out, internal/another department networking, etc.
- Ability to perform research in systems with complex data models (COMREG)
- Identify proper allocation of compensation that requires in depth research (House)
- Interact regularly with user groups to identify, analyze, and define business requirements, perform User Acceptance Testing (including defect management), and map documentation in LPL-standard formats
- Liaison between Business and technology to ensure BR are correctly captured in technology documentation
- Basic SQL Code review and analysis
- BRD and DSD analysis and review
- Support Centralized work order request process across client comp by entry, follow up, and technology coordination
- Test work orders, work order tracking and document requirements
- Support Workflow Review and Enhancement
- Develop initiatives towards process improvements.
- Coordinate communication efforts across client comp for all projects and system enhancements
- Participate in discussions with business process owners to capture and analyze business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processes with a combination of automated and manual solutions
- High energy self-starter; must be able to take the initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills, with ability to multi-task and manage multiple on-going assignments
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skillset for with high attention to detail
- Oracle, SharePoint, Siebel, BETA, and Visio experience preferred
- Experience with Alteryx and SQL preferred
- Ability to communicate and work with varying levels of an organization
- BA/BS in Business or equivalent experience
- 3+ years financial services Industry experience preferred
- 1+ years working in Data Analytics, Business or Technology analysis
- Working knowledge in process improvement methodology (Lean, Agile, Six Sigma)
- Experience in a commissions/accounting with internal and external audits (SOX, SSAE16, etc) preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with advanced excel skills including formulas, Macros, and Pivot Tables.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.