Compliance AnalystApply Job ID: R-011573 Date posted: 11/19/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Analyst, Technology Compliance / Information Lifecycle Management, will primarily be responsible for performing controls that provide oversight of, and some requirements for, the technology used by the Firm to meet its regulatory Books and Records requirements. Sitting in the Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) organization, the Analyst, TC/ILM, will contribute to the Firm’s risk mitigation efforts by supporting the identification, assessment, and documentation of operational and regulatory risks that are a result of failed internal processes, systems or controls. They will also perform or support multiple processes meant to ensure that the Firm’s regulatory required records are accounted for, archived in a compliant manner, easily retrievable, and retained for the required amount of time.
The right candidate will have an ability to mitigate risk and enforce compliance, a passion for technology, and an innate desire to continuously learn, improve, and evolve. Additionally they should strive to be a Subject Matter Expert in risk identification, assessment, and controls testing and will maintain a high level of knowledge, expertise and practice within this capacity.
Technology Compliance Testing Program Support (50%)
- Proactively participate in testing initiatives and assist in implementing management’s plan of action to remediate findings;
- Prepare testing results to present to management and support Compliance Testers to gather management’s plan of action to remediate findings;
- Support team initiatives involving data analytics and maintain a strong willingness to learn novel technologies;
- Evaluate the adequacy of management’s remediation of issues discovered through various assurance activities at the Firm (remediation testing);
- Clearly communicate the risks associated with control testing failures/gaps to Technology Compliance Testing leadership;
- Plans and coordinates compliance meetings and compiles meeting documentation, and
- Create and maintain effective working papers and documentation of testing procedures and outcomes.
Information Lifecycle Management Support (50%)
- Effectively execute processes and controls designed to manage an effective Books and Records compliance program;
- Support all technology related aspects of an effective and compliant Books and Records management program, including ongoing oversight of record ingestion into the Firm’s electronic storage media, gap remediation when necessary, the establishment and testing of new ingestion processes, and other tasks related to the firm’s official electronic repositories;
- Analyze new record types, or changes to existing record types, to provide input on archival requirements, including identification of all regulatory requirements/rules, assigning appropriate retention, specifying required metadata, confirming retrievability, and ensuring the firm’s Records Inventory is updated accordingly;
- Work closely with subject matter experts and senior leaders across the entire organization through the annual process of refreshing the Firm’s records inventory;
- Support the record destruction process (both physical and electronic);
- Enhance the knowledge and awareness of LPL employees and advisors regarding all aspects of records management;
- Work with advisors on any books and records related questions;
- Assess and strengthen ILM processes and controls, and
- Support corporate initiatives that impact the Firm’s management of data and records.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Technology/MIS, Finance, or a related field preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in the financial services industry in a compliance, legal, technology or risk capacity preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of the functions of electronic records management systems, including their capabilities, risk management intent and issues such as metadata, security, privacy, and access
- 2 or more years of experience in a Big-4 Accounting/Consulting firm focused in financial services and technology controls and testing
- 1 or more years assessing controls against Information Technology frameworks (e.g. COBIT, COSO, NIST 800-53, ITIL, ISO20001/2)
- Working knowledge of SEC (17a-3 and 17a-4), FINRA, NFA, CFTC, and MSRB rules, especially Books and Records requirements
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel including basic formulas, pivot tables, functions, etc.
- Series 7 or Series 99 a plus
- SQL, Data Visualization software (e.g. Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.