Analyst, Due DiligenceApply Job ID: R-001621 Date posted: 12/29/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Overarching firm and team details
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer and fourth largest broker/dealer with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker/dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
LPL Financial Research is a 50+ person team that provides market, investment, and portfolio advice to our independent advisors. Our mission is to be a trusted partner to our advisors who provide investors with choices to help meet their financial goals. In this endeavor, our sole motivation is to provide stellar due diligence and investment management advice — as a partner for those advisors who manage client assets themselves or as a portfolio manager for those advisors who want to leverage our experience. Due to the LPL Financial scale and position, our Research team has direct access to the best active managers in the industry. We combine this access with proprietary quantitative and technical research strategies to proactively invest for our advisors and their clients.
Analyst, international, global and emerging market equities due diligence
This individual is responsible for the initial diligence and ongoing oversight of international, global and emerging market equity strategies either recommended to or available for use by LPL Financial advisors. In addition to assisting in the construction of the approved list and establishing the recommended lists, LPL Financial Research constructs recommended asset allocation models and complete portfolios to which the diligence team is active contributors.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for investing and tireless intellectual curiosity regarding markets, managers, and investments of all types. The successful candidate will have a history of high performance and the ability to take initiative and follow through on projects independently as well as work as a leader of a team. The right candidate will demonstrate self-motivation, high-energy, tenacity, perseverance, attention to detail, and a passion for investing.
The Candidate will possess the following competencies and attributes:
- A passion for investing and a dedication to providing superior research;
- Ability to think creatively about investments including due diligence, managers, and the markets in which they invest;
- Experience doing due diligence and/or oversight on non-U.S. equity mutual funds;
- Solid analytical skills, good judgment, and a high tolerance for change;
- Ability to drive to results while being able to re-prioritize as needed;
- Discipline, organization, flexibility;
- Ability to set and meet hard deadlines;
- Unimpeachable ethical standards, with an innate ability to build trust and strong relationships;
- Ability to cogently communicate research and investment content both orally and written to different audiences, including investment managers, advisors, executive management, and clients;
- Emphasis on asking questions and challenging standard answers and analysis;
- 3-5 years of experience in the financial services industry, ideally in a broker/dealer;
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 license required (either have or be willing to obtain soon after hiring);
- An MBA or CFA is strongly preferred.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.