Analyst, Finance ( Underwriting/Loan & Credit Risk)Apply Job ID: R-018194 Date posted: 10/12/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Analyst will be a part of the Advisor Capital team within LPL’s Finance Division. Advisor Capital is tasked with all aspects of providing LPL’s advisors capital to support acquisitions, retention, and growth initiatives. This role is focused on financial analysis, credit risk, underwriting, loan monitoring, and reporting. Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are required. The candidate should be able to effectively prioritize while being efficient and accurate. The ability to work within a team, take initiative, show strong attention to detail, and be flexible are also requirements.
Financial Analysis –Capital Underwriting
- Reviewing and verifying loan applications and supporting documentation.
- Interpret financial statements and data to determine the credit, capacity, and credit worthiness of an advisor’s loan application.
- Underwriting and analyzing risk of capital loan applications.
- Pulling internal and external reports and supporting documentation.
- Work directly with advisors to handle capital inquiries and origination communications.
- Processing loan applications through loan origination system.
- Utilizing and managing underwriting models to provide accurate assessments of risk.
- Preparing reports and assessment of underwriting findings.
- Making loan eligibility decisions and approving or rejecting applications.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Documenting and effectively communicating underwriting results and decisions.
- Assist on projects to automate and improve underwriting and origination processes.
Ad-hoc analysis, reporting and process improvement
- Help document and improve processes and procedures.
- Assisting with reporting requests to analyze current loan portfolio and team performance.
- Work closely with internal LPL departments on different projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field
- 2-3+ years professional finance experience
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and business concepts
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high volume, dynamic environment with minimal oversight
- Strong PC skills (emphasis on Microsoft suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to identify problems and determine solutions
Preferred experience (but not required):
- Background in loan origination, loan underwriting, credit policy, and credit risk
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and presenting financial results
- Experience with reporting tools: Tableau, Alteryx, Saleforce dashboards, Excel Macros
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Experience interacting with advisors and in wealth management industry a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.