Analyst, Fixed Income TradingApply Job ID: R-015978 Date posted: 07/16/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
- The Trading Analyst reviews activity in the trading inventory accounts and works closely with management, senior analysts, Trading Compliance and other departments to provide regulatory and procedural oversight to the fixed income trading desk. Assignments are complex and require sophisticated analysis combined with seasoned judgment. The Analyst will operate with wide latitude for making independent decisions, determinations, and recommendations, which typically have significant financial, operational, legal, or reputational impact.
- Supporting Fixed Income Trading, the Analyst will also be responsible for entering trades that can’t be entered by Traders, resolve trade fails, identify and repair trade rejects and other trade-related issues in a high volume fast paced environment. Skill sets should include a strong excel background with the ability to improvise solutions integrating excel spreadsheets with various back end databases.
Other responsibilities include:
- Reconciling Fixed Income inventory accounts
- Working with Senior Analysts to ensure timely reporting of fixed income transactions
- Review, prepare and present regulatory report cards to management
- Reviewing processes for efficiencies and providing recommendations to management
- Bachelor's degree
- Series 7 & 63 license preferred
- Working knowledge of fixed income products
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to independently draft letters and other documents
- Strong analytic and organizational skills and the ability to keep track of multiple deadlines and projects
- Attention to detail
- Create and maintain positive relationships with other LPL departments and outside vendors for research purposes.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward routine daily reports
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Bloomberg, BETA knowledge is strongly preferred
- Ability to obtain Series 24, 52, 53 & 57 within 6 months of hire
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.