Analyst, Information SecurityApply Job ID: R-008456 Date posted: 01/07/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Information Security Risk Analyst reports to the AVP in the Business Information Security Office (BISO) in Information Security. As a Risk Analyst, you will be supporting the AVP BISO and develop a deep understanding of the technology organization in order to engage in specialized cyber security risk-based discussions. This relationship will ensure a focus on the correct risk priorities, provide guidance on information security policies and controls, audits, regulations and input on new development. The Risk Analyst will work to ensure Information Security risks are proactively managed, effectively controlled and/or remediated pursuant to established service level agreements.
- Build relationships and engages frequently with technology leaders
- Maintain a positive relationship with auditors
- Applies an understanding of technology, risk, and controls
- Schedule, coordinate and/or facilitate meetings to include the capture of key action items and/or discussion points
- Stay knowledgeable of current advances in all areas of information technology concerning vulnerabilities, security breaches or malicious attacks
- Maintain knowledge of current technologies in order to effectively evaluate risk
- Enhance our existing information security management framework based on National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Liaison among the information security team and corporate compliance, audit, legal and HR management teams as required
- Track and report Technology security metrics
- Track and follows-up on Technology audit requests within the time period dictated by the Service Level Agreement
- Update and maintain Technology controls and findings via the Enterprise Risk Management System
- Track and manage remediation items and/or findings to completion
- Performs remediation validation testing for findings
- Identify and assess risk, determine applicable controls which mitigate risk, and communicate opportunities for control improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years or more of experience in information security, technology risk or audit related role
- CRISC, CISA, CISM or CISSP certification, a plus
- Skills with MS-Windows and other related PC applications
- Analytical abilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization skills, time-management and prioritization skills
- Ability to understand and implement best practice security measures
- Produces consistent results of high quality
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.