Analyst, M&A Solutions & Protection PlansApply Job ID: R-018370 Date posted: 10/12/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Analyst, M&A Solutions & Protection Plans
Are you pursuing a career in finance?
Do you have financial modeling experience and are passionate about client service?
Do you enjoy working with a fast-growing and innovative team? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
The LPL Financial Advisor M&A team is seeking talented and analytical candidates who are passionate about assisting LPL Financial advisors as they protect their practice from the unexpected through protection plans, succession planning, acquisitions, and allows the advisors an opportunity to exit with minimal end-investor disruption as ownership transfers. The analyst is responsible for providing detailed business valuations, onboarding support, and serving as an initial contact and relationship manager for our client base.
What will you do?
- Support existing Protection Plans & Advisor M&A team in daily back-end operations (perform valuations, onboard new participants, interview advisors, analyze business statistics, client support follow up, etc.)
- Become a specialist and subject matter expert in the Assurance Plan and the Resilience Plan, small business mergers and acquisitions, andalternative deal structure strategies
- Ability to think strategically and provide insights into streamlining and developing scalable solutions to service the growing demands of our advisor’s business needs
- Responsible for providing excellent service through phone calls, emailing them information about products or services they have received from us, answering phones, and responding directly to any inquiries that may arise while maintaining the highest level of professionalism at all times
- Maintain accurate detailed records on each transaction and client interactions
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Working with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to the Assurance Plan, Resilience Plan, and M&A deals
- Immersing yourself in learning as much as you can about the nuances of team processes and tools, the industry, company, and our advisors
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics, or related field required
- 1-2 years corporate finance, investment, or corporate development experience preferred
- Basic Excel modeling capabilities required (Vlookup, Match, Pivots, etc.); excel test administered if the applicant is selected for an onsite interview
- Strong knowledge of business valuation methodology desired
- Self-Driven individual with a high level of motivation capable of working independently while maintaining confidential information
- Ability to work within a team, problem solve, take initiative, and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to perform and multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, excellent organizational skills, and time management skills required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), as well as strong interpersonal skills, allowing you to interact effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of the financial services industry and LPL platforms, products, and services a plus
- FINRA Series 7/63 a plus
Assurance Plan - Protecting a legacy
We take care of our advisors so they can take care of their clients. One way we can do this is by offering them peace of mind and protection for their practice. To make it easier for advisors to put a succession plan in place, we launched The Assurance Plan. This new business solution is a simple, cost-effective way to monetize an advisor’s practice in the event of their unplanned exit from the industry due to death or permanent disability.
Resilience Plan - Taking care of our advisors
Advisor businesses are built on delivering extraordinary customer service, and a common concern for many advisors is what would happen if they can’t be there for their clients. It’s likely that at some point in their career, advisors will need time away to care for themselves or their families. This could include parental leave to welcome a new child to their family, caring for a loved one, or treatment and recuperation for their own personal injury or illness. When the time comes for an advisor to step away from work and focus on health and well-being, LPL is here to provide care for clients and help maintain the advisor’s practice.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.