Analyst, Operations - Enterprise Data Management - Pricing & Security MasterApply Job ID: R-002145 Date posted: 06/06/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Our Analyst in Performance & Data Recon is a team expert responsible for aiding in the design, implementation and ongoing support of new technology solutions for multiple firm or department level initiatives. This role is specific to the Enterprise Data Management project and the operational applications, processes and reports being created to provide governance over LPL's enterprise data. The Analyst is knowledgeable in relational databases as well as data management including analysis, architecture and modeling. In addition, the Analyst possesses the ability to develop Microsoft SQL scripts used for data analysis, process improvements, and reporting used for strategic planning. Other duties include supporting UAT using application lifecycle management software such as HP Quality Center and maintaining technical internal documents. The analyst must possess excellent prioritization skills and should be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Support manager/or AVP on multiple and possibly overlapping projects
- Database support through architecture improvements and SQL back-end enhancements
- Root cause analysis of production and test environment issues
- Trend analysis and solution implementation using multiple parameter filters in MS Access, SQL Studio
- Alignment of T and STO data quality initiatives for the purpose of accurate performance reporting
- Reporting that will be used to make strategic management decisions
- Solution implementation with management direction
- Update and maintain technical department procedures
- Identification of defects through user acceptance testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science
- 6+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- FINRA licensing a plus
- Highly advanced skills with Access and SQL development to support extremely complicated applications with complete end to end control of the software development lifecycle
- VBA development and data mining experience a plus
- Strong understanding of managing investment performance data
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Project coordination experience desired
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure with competing deadlines
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.