Analyst, Operations Regulatory ReportingApply Job ID: R-005463 Date posted: 01/03/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Analyst, Operations Regulatory Reporting
The Analyst plays a key role in ensuring that the Operations Regulatory Reporting (ORR) team successfully performs its reporting responsibilities. It is vitally important that LPL Financial has effective reporting on operations and therefore we are subject to extensive scrutiny from regulators and auditors. The Analysts within the team are the primary processors, while the Senior Analysts primarily perform Quality Control (QC) reviews of the Analysts’ work. The team works collectively to ensure that reports meet the regulatory requirements and adhere to the audit principals of completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
The ORR team executes a number of firm-wide reporting functions that fulfill LPL Financial’s responsibilities as a Broker-Dealer and Registered Investment Advisor, including:
- Providing the Accounting department with key operational figures for the weekly 15 c3-3 Reserve and monthly 15c3-1 Net Capital (FOCUS) filings.
- Daily Large Option Position Reporting (LOPR) filings with the Options Clearing Corporation (OCC).
- Daily INSITE and weekly Short Interest filings with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- Quarterly Form 13F filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Executing the 17a-13 Quarterly Securities Counts by comparing all securities held at LPL Financial with the records of the various depositories and transfer agents.
- Overseeing operational functions that lie upstream of our reporting requirements, such as: suspense account opening and reconciliation, option position limit monitoring, and the resolution of security count differences.
Analyst Responsibilities Include:
- Processing (typically using Excel) all Regulatory Reporting completely, accurately, and timely.
- Updating processing documentation as needed based upon the QC performed by the Senior Analysts.
- Partnering with the Senior Analysts in researching and providing explanations for reporting anomalies.
- Improving the team’s processing acumen by updating Policies & Procedures and cross-training new Analysts.
- Assisting with process improvements by standardizing workflows, developing templates, and partnering with the Technology business unit on more robust automated solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience include:
- 2-3 years of Broker Dealer Operational experience across multiple departments.
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel (vlookup, countifs, pivot tables).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.