Analyst, OperationsApply Job ID: R-000499 Date posted: 06/08/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Analyst, Performance & Data Recon
Our Analyst in Performance & Data Recon is a team expert responsible for executing UAT for multiple projects through application lifecycle management software such as HP Quality Center. The Analyst is an expert in coordinating and implementing new training and procedures after successful close out of the SDLC. In addition to this, core responsibilities include reconciling obscure data from TAMP’s and Custodians as well as managing the data ingestion/monitoring process associated with LPL’s performance reporting. Other duties include reporting that faces advisors/clients, firm-level reporting, risk reporting and resource management as it relates to strategic planning and functional vs. cross-functional resource allocation. The Analyst is knowledgeable in relational databases and data management as well as investments and general brokerage operations.
- Support manager/or AVP on multiple and possibly overlapping projects
- Transaction accounting to analyze firm wide investment activity exceptions for proper posting into one or more portfolio accounting systems
- Update and maintain department procedures
- Review and validate performance figures then resolve any resulting discrepancies
- Field occasional escalations from internal sources in need of understandable yet highly technical explanations
- Identification of defects through user acceptance testing
- Root cause analysis of production and test environment issues
- Ability to identify patterns in data and activity then apply multiple parameter filters through MS Access, SQL Studio and various proprietary applications
- Expand parameter filters to larger data sets for further analysis across the firm
- Parameter refinement
- Trend analysis
- Summary report creation that will used to make strategic management decisions
- Solution implementation with management direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- 2+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- FINRA licensing a plus
- Strong understanding of managing investment performance data
- Understanding of time-weighted and money-weighted performance calculations and the purpose of each in a portfolio reporting environment
- Strong knowledge of advisory accounts including centrally managed platforms
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Highly advanced skills with Access and SQL development to support extremely complicated applications with complete end to end control of the software development lifecycle
- Project coordination experience desired
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- VBA development experience a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.