Analyst, OperationsApply Job ID: R-002145 Date posted: 04/25/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Analyst, Performance & Data Recon
The Analyst is a team expert responsible for large scale investment transaction accounting, position reconciliation and investment pricing, all for the purpose of accurate reporting. This includes reporting that faces advisors/clients, firm-level reporting and risk reporting. The Analyst is knowledgeable in relational databases and data management as well as investments and general brokerage operations.
- Support supervisor and/or manager on multiple and possibly overlapping projects
- Transaction accounting to analyze firm wide investment activity exceptions for proper posting into one or more portfolio accounting systems
- Update and maintain department procedures
- Review and validate performance figures then resolve any resulting discrepancies
- Field occasional escalations from customers and internal sources in need of understandable yet highly technical explanations
- Field occasional escalations from upset customers
- Identification of defects through user acceptance testing in both the production and QA environments
- Root cause analysis of production and test environment issues
- Ability to identify patterns in data and activity then apply multiple parameter filters through MS Access, SQL Studio and various proprietary applications
- Expand parameter filters to larger data sets for further analysis across the firm
- Parameter refinement
- Summary report generation for impact analysis
- Solution implementation with management direction
- 2+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Project coordination experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of managing investment performance data
- Understanding of time-weighted and money-weighted performance calculations and the purpose of each in a portfolio reporting environment
- Strong knowledge of advisory accounts including centrally managed platforms
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Highly advanced skills with Access and SQL development to support extremely complicated applications with complete end to end control of the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- VBA development experience a plus
- FINRA licensing a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.