Analyst- OverlayApply Job ID: R-022377 Date posted: 05/13/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? Do you enjoy doing impactful work while under pressure? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Overlay Analyst is responsible for the day to day management and trading of the centrally managed platforms. The Overlay Analyst ensures that all accounts are managed in-line with the selected investment strategies. In addition, the Overlay Analyst develops and maintains regular and ad-hoc reports that allow LPL Leadership to better monitor and understand the drivers of the Centrally Managed Platforms.
- Participates in the management and execution of the OPMG processes as they relate to trading and day to day maintenance of the centrally managed platforms.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Reviews, approves, and uploads model security portfolios submitted by investment managers and strategists.
- Reviews and approves large trades.
- Research complex situations and define the actions necessary to resolve the situation
- Ability to take on new challenges. Subject Matter Expert on Operational Policies and procedures with a primary focus on one of the centrally managed platforms.
- Focuses on increasing efficiencies and reducing risk by improving current processes.
- Supports leadership on multiple and possibly overlapping projects.
- Project Testing and Implementation.
- Mine and analyze internal data sets and build reports to help stakeholders develop action plans and / or draw conclusions.
- Provides exemplary customer service by activing as a primary contact between OPMG and external/internal business partners.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a client-first customer service oriented mind-set from a financial background, with strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written abilities. Candidate will be able to contribute positively to a team-focused environment, driving both growth and innovation. Candidate will need to be highly analytical, have a reputation for high productivity and accuracy, capable of achieving outstanding results under time constraints.
- Series 7/63
- 3+ years of experience working in the financial industry and/or processing in a high volume and deadline-driven environment
- 1+ years of Service-oriented experience working with various groups such as clients, other firms, service team, Offshore partners, and various business units within a company
- Effective team player
- Ability to handle escalated items timely and accurately.
- MS- Excel- Proficient
- Visual Basic- Introductory
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate across departments and in meetings to implement or support ongoing processes and projects.
- BETA- Proficient
- Vestmark- Proficient
- Bachelor's degree
- Excel Marco experience
- Business Process improvement experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.