Analyst – ProcurementApply Job ID: R-010186 Date posted: 07/01/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement (SS&P) team is located in the new LEED certified Carolinas campus (Fort Mill, SC) and is responsible for managing the full end-to-end sourcing and procurement lifecycle. SS&P’s mission is to 1) Deliver sustainable, ethical practices and leadership to enable the selection of external partners to drive the best service, quality, and value for LPL while appropriately mitigating risk. 2) Provide leadership to our business partners through LPLs center-led Vendor Management Program to ensure that any contractual and performance risks are effectively mitigated. 3) Drive operational excellence through management of the requisition and contract processes, travel program, contingent worker program, and third party access controls.
As part of our goal to become a trusted business partner, we are aligned to business units and responsible for meeting regularly with the business to understand their needs, for conducting spend and contract analysis, and developing category plans to help develop and drive strategic sourcing plans. The ideal candidate for this role will not only have sourcing, contract, or vendor management experience, but also strong business acumen to enable informed and targeted decision to drive continuous improvement.
An Analyst in SS&P is responsible for working with all levels of internal stakeholders as well as the external vendor community. A fundamental component of the role is change management and the ability to support the transformation of SS&P as a strategic partner across the firm.
- Manage contract request queue in our procure-to-pay system, ARIBA, in a timely manner and within SLA.
- Process new vendor requests and terminations in the Ariba P2P system.
- Partner with Ariba to troubleshoot problems and develop resolution.
- Develop strategies to improve Ariba processes.
- Ariba Catalog management and support.
- Manage the process of contract terminations, expirations, extensions and renewals.
- Assist VP in the development of category plans to provide visibility to spend, vendor summaries, contract summaries, stakeholder engagement, and market insights that lead to both short and long-term strategies.
- Bring thought leadership to identify additional cost and operational efficiencies.
- Work in collaboration with multiple departments and business partners to develop strategy, policy and/or resolution of issues.
- Present recommendations and commodity plans to SS&P leadership team and business.
- Represents and advocate SS&P strategies and goals across the firm.
- An appropriate 4 year college degree
- SAP Ariba Administrator experience a must
- Technology Sourcing background is desirable
- Financial Services experience is desirable
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues
- Detail orientated with strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex data
- Advanced MS Office skills including Excel, SharePoint, Word and Power Point
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills with the ability to engage and influence others in all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Foundational technical acumen
- Experience partnering with external vendors, including vendor and contract management ability, is desirable
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills with strong team work, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and collaborate across multiple business units
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to adjust priorities and monitor workload to meet SLA’s
- Unimpeachable ethical standards and a strong work ethic
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor!
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.