Analyst, ResearchApply Job ID: R-012153 Date posted: 12/07/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Joining our team as an Investment Analyst, within LPL Financial’ s Research division, will allow you to support financial advisors needs and help them succeed financially. In this role you will be responsible for a combination of portfolio analytics and investment manager due diligence.
We’re looking for talented people who will put our advisors at the center of everything we do.
We believe in providing value beyond a doubt and in the notion that time will either expose you or promote you, based on your willingness to embrace change. It's an exciting time to join LPL Financial. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
LPL Financial Research is a 30+ person team that provides market insights, asset allocation, and model portfolios to our independent advisors. Our mission is to be a trusted partner to our advisors who provide investors with choices to help meet their financial goals. In this endeavor, our sole motivation is to provide stellar investment management advice — as a partner for those advisors who manage client assets themselves or as a portfolio manager for those advisors who want to leverage our experience. Due to the LPL Financial scale and position, our Research team has direct access to the best investment managers in the industry. We combine this access with proprietary quantitative and technical research strategies to proactively invest for our advisors and their clients.
Areas of Expertise
* Investment analytics: provide investment recommendations to various committees, including recommendations on asset allocation, third party managers, and portfolio construction.
* Client interaction: provide fiduciary guidance to our advisors and end clients.
* Client deliverables: provide frequent written research reports to internal and external parties. Present research and market insights to our advisors.
* Partnership: interact with Research team members to arrive at best investment ideas while interacting with other LPL departments to integrate Research.
The Skills You Need
* Investment analytics.
- FINRA SIE, Series 7, Series 66 required within 6 months;
- Commitment towards progress in CFA program;
- Database analysis (i.e., Excel);
- Performance calculations;
- Detail orientation;
- Perform investment manager due diligence (check out: https://blogs.cfainstitute.org/investor/2016/02/11/current-thinking-in-investment-manager-selection/ for a deeper understanding of this function).
* Client interaction.
- Communication skills;
- Service orientation;
- Fiduciary acumen
* Client deliverables.
- Writing Skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Detail orientation
- Communication skills;
- Collaboration skills;
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships;
- Dedication to providing superior research
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.