Analyst, TreasuryApply Job ID: R-007907 Date posted: 10/15/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of Treasury Operations within the Capital Management Department, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will be responsible for the company's liquidity monitoring and management, funds disbursement, short term investing and debt administration. The treasury analyst also assists with bank account management including opening/closing bank accounts as well as maintaining authorized signers and users. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, attention to detail, and the technical and operational knowledge to help drive continuous improvement.
- Calculating prior day and intraday cash positions to ensure sufficient funds are available in all bank accounts and providing recommendations on short term investing/short term borrowing
- Initiates cash positioning wires as well as all manual wire disbursements from business partners
- Assists with bank account administration and maintains user access to online banking systems
- Manages Treasury Mailbox to assist Operations and Customer Service with banking related inquiries
- Assists on special projects with an emphasis on process improvement, interest income generation, and fee reduction
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Experience with enterprise systems and treasury workstations a definite plus
- Understanding of payment methods (ACH, wire, checks) and treasury products / services
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- High level of motivation and initiative
- Ability to work within a team
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required
- 1-3 years corporate treasury, financial services, or banking experience preferred
- CTP a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.